Question What's the best option for me within a £1500 budget?

RYANoceros92

Honorable
Feb 18, 2015
I've been locking for a while but I am just getting overwhelmed at this point, I have been looking at this Lenovo Legion 5, but I wanted to ask people with more knowledge than myself.

1. What is your budget? - £1500.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? - 17"+.

3. What screen resolution do you want? - 1080, 1440 if good performance in budget.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? - Desktop replacement, doesn't need to be small or light.

5. How much battery life do you need? - As good as possible, but will be used mostly with charging available.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? - As long as I can play the Witcher 3 at the highest settings it will be fine although would still like the best gpu performance I can get for the budget.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) - Mainly gaming with some coding.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? - 1tb+ SSD.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. - Any reputable UK sellers.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? - I would like it to be relevant for a couple years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? - No.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - No preference on brand.

13. What country do you live in? - The UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. - I just want the best Laptop I can get for my budget, it will be used mostly for gaming but will also be used to watch videos, will be used mostly in a house so can be plugged in a lot but will be nice to have a good battery all the same.

Thank you for any advice.

Dec 29, 2021
"as long as I can play Witcher 3 at the highest setting" keep dreaming for such a price! there's probably a reason you've not got any references yet.. what you've asked for is not going to get you most games today at max settings..

There are ones out there that can play games like Witcher 3 but unless want to spend money than that "As you want a laptop only".. then yeah, be happy for settings you get!

Here's a list of brands or places to custom build.

1. Scan
  2. MSI
  3. Asus
  4. Gigabyte
Msi makes a wide variety of gaming laptops I'd start there. Or you'll be stuck with basic laptops, trie dell, acer,

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gaming-laptops/finder/up-to-1500-pounds

Here, congratulations there all sorted, there are all the laptops up to your price range, there's a 6800M GPU, 3060, 3070. they are the highest GPUs you'll get,

VVV

Use Overclockers as a baseline, as you are in the UK I suggest buying from AMAZON and making sure said laptop is sold and dispatched by amazon for that 2 ears warranty replacements and money back in 2 years for good enough reasons!

Last edited: