Question What's the best RAM for TUF B350M-Plus Gaming?

soldiermxdeath

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
I'm looking for a RAMs that work better with my Mobo. This is my full PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2Cw6Mp
My Corsair LPX White 3200 MHz White barely runs at 3000 MHz stable, I tested all the system with Aida64, Prime95 and the RAMs with memtest without problems. I already know that aren't compatible with my Mobo, they don't be on QVL, and I want to change them. Another reason of do this is I have micro stuttering with many games, and I've read a user who said that changing the hynix RAM for Samsung B-die RAMs solved his problem. G.Skill Flare x cl14 3200 MHz aren't an option because is too expensive and I live in Mexico and if I buy them on Newegg It'll be more expensive because customs.
I cheked this Patriot Viper RGB3200 MHz PVR416G320C6K, supposedly are B-Die, another cheap options are this TeamGroup T-Force Delta TF3D416G3000HC16CDC01, these are Hynix but I saw that runs fine with Ryzen at rated speeds. Any other recommendation?
The RAMs listed on the QVL of my Mobo aren't available in my country Mexico and the majority of them have 2666 Mhz or less and I don't want those RAMs.

Anything listed as B-die that is 3200mhz or less should be able to run at their rated speed on that platform IF you have the most recent BIOS version for your motherboard installed. If you don't, then you need to DO that, and then try again with your current sticks.

On B350, it is unlikely you will achieve 3200mhz with ANY sticks that are not B-die and almost certainly won't achieve any speed above that. If you are really worried about running sticks at a higher speed than 2933mhz, I'd look at getting a better board that is either a mid to upper tiered B450 or X470. They have much better memory compatibility and support.

soldiermxdeath

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
Thanks. One last question, I plan to buy the Patriot Viper RGB 3200 MHz or G.Skill Flare X 3200, I can't change my current Mobo and CPU yet, so I decide to change the RAMs only, I couldn't sell my current Corsair LPX White, so, Is still G.Skill Flare X 3200 MHz worth? Do will have better smooth gaming experience?
Microsoft told me that the stutters happen because the Mobo or GPU can't communicate properly, and recommends me try another video card, but I can't because nobody near me has pc gaming or something similar to try and is hard to sell my GTX 1070 here in my region, my possibilities of find what causes stuttering is almost impossible, so my last hope is to change the RAMs for Samsung B-die kits.
Here's examples of stuttering recorded by me:
Wolfenstein II:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6baSxFDvHXM

CS: GO:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eveJxkT3B-o

Gears of War 4:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwYM0OXnodA

It happens too on many games like The Witcher 3, and I'm pissed off.

Last edited:
Either of the memory kits you listed should be fine. I like G.Skill Flare X better between the two that you listed.

Before you do anything further though, do YOURSELF a favor, and try doing a CLEAN install of the graphics card drivers. I could easily list at least 20 different threads here where the person involved adamantly disbelieved that the graphics card drivers were the problem, because they had already "installed the latest drivers". Yeah, but that's not the same thing as doing a clean install, because with a clean install you get rid of all the previous driver packages and registry entries which in some cases might be gumming up the whole works and causing minor issues that show up as a variety of performance related problems.

Try this first. See if anything improves. Be sure to do exactly as outlined. If you have ever had an AMD card installed in this system then you will want to run the DDU twice. Once for AMD and then again for Nvidia, before installing the latest drivers. And, you will want to do this in safe mode. So download the DDU. Download the latest drivers. Go into safe mode and perform the DDU removal(s) and THEN after a restart back into the normal desktop, THEN install the latest Nvidia drivers for your card model from the Nvidia website.

How to boot into safe mode on Windows 10

soldiermxdeath

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
Either of the memory kits you listed should be fine. I like G.Skill Flare X better between the two that you listed.

Before you do anything further though, do YOURSELF a favor, and try doing a CLEAN install of the graphics card drivers. I could easily list at least 20 different threads here where the person involved adamantly disbelieved that the graphics card drivers were the problem, because they had already "installed the latest drivers". Yeah, but that's not the same thing as doing a clean install, because with a clean install you get rid of all the previous driver packages and registry entries which in some cases might be gumming up the whole works and causing minor issues that show up as a variety of performance related problems.

Try this first. See if anything improves. Be sure to do exactly as outlined. If you have ever had an AMD card installed in this system then you will want to run the DDU twice. Once for AMD and then again for Nvidia, before installing the latest drivers. And, you will want to do this in safe mode. So download the DDU. Download the latest drivers. Go into safe mode and perform the DDU removal(s) and THEN after a restart back into the normal desktop, THEN install the latest Nvidia drivers for your card model from the Nvidia website.

How to boot into safe mode on Windows 10

I didn't said before here, but on many threads on Internet, AMD/Nvidia forums, Microsoft support, etc. I've wrote that I tried everything. I'm not a noob about this, I did clean Windows install, use DDU to uninstall Nvidia drivers, played with OC or stock bios settings. Here's an example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-915d-4ada-b7b1-91b09ad927b1?tm=1561566884294
On that post I put links of AMD and Nvidia threads explaining this.

Nobody said you were a noob. These are the processes we use no matter whether somebody is a noob or has been building systems for 30 years. It is not a slight on your skills to recommend doing this, it's just to make sure something easy and obvious doesn't get overlooked. I could list fifty or more threads where somebody with many years of systems builder experience forgot the most basic steps and resolved their problem easily by backtracking and doing them. So if you've already done everything I've suggested, that's great, but it still needed to be mentioned just to be sure since you failed to mention that you had done them in the first place. Moving on.

Go ahead and change the memory. However, if it's running at 3000mhz and there are no indications of a problem when you run FOUR passes of Memtest86, not three, not one, FOUR, which is the maximum number of passes it will allow you to run on the free version, AND if you can pass the Windows memory diagnostic test, then it is unlikely that memory is the cause of your problem. But it's worth trying I guess, because I've seen stranger things.