[SOLVED] whats the best way to build pc

Màrtìñ mystery

Commendable
Feb 22, 2019
Hi, building a gaming pc is always one of my dream , but my parents couldn't afford one , so i decided to build one myself after i get a job, My total budget was around 80k(inr).i got a job few months before but unfortunately due to this GPU PANDEMIC all gpu prices went overboard and made a huge impact to my budget, idk will the prices of gpus go back to normal? . now i have to spend around 50k in gpu. Gpu that i planned to buy before the price hike was gtx1660S(21k) , current price of gtx1660S is 51 k but current price of rtx 2070S is around 50k, I already have a potato pc with i3 3rd gen and 8gb ram with gt710 .if for sure these price hikes wont go back to normal then i was thinking of buying 2070S and use it in my potato pc, yes I know I'm bottlenecking, but anyway i can't buy pc and gpu altogether, each month im saving 10k, so later on i will buy a pc with specs(Ryzen 5 5600x ,16gb ddr4,1tbhdd, 1tb ssd nvme m2, 144hz monitor) even if i buy this pc without gpu , i cant play games and it would be some junk that's occupying space. so if anyone can suggest anything i appreciate that. Thankyou

Solution
For the most part, gaming depends more on the graphics card than the cpu.
To verify as applies to your games, run this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

larsv8

Distinguished
My apologies in advance, I struggle with exchange rates and foreign market pricing

I'd look into AMDs new APUs like the 5600g or 5700g. You would be able to do some okay gaming at lower level settings, and wait out the GPU shortage, then be able to slot one in

You can build a pretty decent temporary build that utilizes the integrated radeon graphics, something like

budget B450 board, (~100 USD)
AMD 5600g, (~250 USD)
2 x 8 Ram at 3200 speed, CL 14 (~70 USD)
512 gb SSD (~60 USD)
p400A (~60 USD)
~650w PSU for future GPU use (~90 USD)

Once the new GPU comes, the CPU will operate at about a 3600 or 3700 level which isn't bad at all.

For the most part, gaming depends more on the graphics card than the cpu.
To verify as applies to your games, run this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS