whats the best ways to store cd's

Kaitlin Kaschak

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013
ok so one of my hobbies is collecting video games from the likes of the ps1 and the sega saturn and im wondering whats the best way to store the disk ad most of the disks i buy from the net i.e. ebay dont come with the case or if they do the case is busted. is there some kinda of binder or something i can buy to store my 100+ disks? kinda dont wanna have to use the typical cd case due to the hassel of storing them and them only being able to hold one disk

Solution
G

Amazon sells a good range - and if you're in the UK, Maplin, Asda and Staples sell them too. Tesco used to sell ones that hold 208 discs for only £10...

Geekwad

Admirable
If not using a real case, then I would suggest a paper sleeve and then in a rigid box. CD holders that are plastic-pocketed are bad news after many years of storage, with CDs often getting stuck to them (no matter how climate controlled your environment is).

Kaitlin Kaschak

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013

what about cd binders that come with sleves that fit in said binders?

Ralston18

Titan
@Geekwad: Do you mean those soft, semi-transparent plastic "baggie" like sleeves/pockets? Sometimes for 3-ring binders etc..

Not using them myself as I prefer the thin, plastic storage CD/DVD cases. However, we do have a number of CDs/DVDs containing photographs stored in 3-ring binders via plastic pouches. And I know other folks doing the same.....

However, I am seeing more and more "fusion" between plastic products stored in contact over time. E.g. soft plastic fishing lures adhering to the storage box. Pretty tight bonds sometimes, happens quickly - just a matter of months.

And so many plastic products seem to dissolve when being glued back together.....

So the plastic pockets/sleeves are now doing much the same - i.e., fusing to the CD/DVD overtime?

G

Disc binders are a godsend - I have 11 large ones and 4 smaller ones, all filled up with downloaded TV, movies and music. They keep my discs in perfect condition and away from humidity and light.

Kaitlin Kaschak

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013

where do you buy these cd binders at

G

Amazon sells a good range - and if you're in the UK, Maplin, Asda and Staples sell them too. Tesco used to sell ones that hold 208 discs for only £10 - when filled up, they are pretty weighty!

Solution

membaby

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

Here you are https://www.pinterest.com/explore/cd-organization/