[SOLVED] Whats the chance that a Mosfet replacement will get the Gpu up and running?

Jan 29, 2021
Hi, so recently I bought a defective RTX 2060 with a blown Mosfet on it. I bought 2 new Mosfets so that I could send the GPU to a service that could solder them on.
I didn't want to pay them extra for diagnosing the card so I just told them that I would only pay for the replacement of the MOSFETs with the responsibility of it working or not.
So my question is what do you guys think the chance is that the card will get fixed by replacing the 2 Mosfets on there without any diagnosing?
I've seen some youtube videos of people repairing cards like I've described and it worked!

Thank you in advance :)

Solution
Hi, so recently I bought a defective RTX 2060 with a blown Mosfet on it. I bought 2 new Mosfets so that I could send the GPU to a service that could solder them on.
I didn't want to pay them extra for diagnosing the card so I just told them that I would only pay for the replacement of the MOSFETs with the responsibility of it working or not.
So my question is what do you guys think the chance is that the card will get fixed by replacing the 2 Mosfets on there without any diagnosing?
I've seen some youtube videos of people repairing cards like I've described and it worked!

It's hard to evaluate a GPU that nobody here has ever seen and there's no information as to the circumstances leading up to a blown...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

It's hard to evaluate a GPU that nobody here has ever seen and there's no information as to the circumstances leading up to a blown MOSFET. All you can do is wait and see.

I'd be very skeptical. 2060s didn't come out until 2019 and most GPUs have three-year warranties, so there's a good chance that this would still have been covered by warranty. That the original owner didn't resolve the issue with an RMA does lead me to a bit of suspicion about the cause and extent of the damage.

Solution
Jan 29, 2021
It's hard to evaluate a GPU that nobody here has ever seen and there's no information as to the circumstances leading up to a blown MOSFET. All you can do is wait and see.

I'd be very skeptical. 2060s didn't come out until 2019 and most GPUs have three-year warranties, so there's a good chance that this would still have been covered by warranty. That the original owner didn't resolve the issue with an RMA does lead me to a bit of suspicion about the cause and extent of the damage.
Yea that's what I thought. But I wonder if it's due to overclocking or disassembly or what not. I guess I have to wait and see... Thankyou! :)