What's the cheapest OpenGL 3.0 (or higher) graphics card? (for laptops)

May 25, 2018
What is the cheapest OpenGL 3.0 (or higher) graphics card? (for laptops)

I am looking for a new graphics card that can support XPlane11 as it needs OpenGL 3.0 or higher.

Are there any cheap ones to buy?

Thank You in Advance!

Callum

Solution
There are quite a few different models of the Dell Vostro, you'd have to give us an exact model number but like I stated above you'd need a external GPU box which is going to be around $250 (cheaper model) and doesn't include the price of a GPU. Also the laptop needs to support USB Type C, if not your not getting nearly the full performance of the GPU.

Have you tried updating the iGPU driver on your CPU? I think newer versions may support OpenGL 3.0.
May 25, 2018
RE: What is the cheapest OpenGL 3.0 (or higher) graphics card? (for laptops)
Thank you for responding quickly!

I have a Dell Vostro 64 bit laptop

P.S It has an Intel core i5 if that helps.

WildCard999

Titan
There are quite a few different models of the Dell Vostro, you'd have to give us an exact model number but like I stated above you'd need a external GPU box which is going to be around $250 (cheaper model) and doesn't include the price of a GPU. Also the laptop needs to support USB Type C, if not your not getting nearly the full performance of the GPU.

Have you tried updating the iGPU driver on your CPU? I think newer versions may support OpenGL 3.0.

Solution