[SOLVED] Whats the deal with high refresh rate monitors

May 1, 2019
So i wanted to go for a 144hz freesync monitor people were saying that it's only worth it if you are getting constant 100+ fps.
I will be mainly playing csgo and i know that i will get consant 144fps and over, but what if i want to play another game, like Rust?
My planned build won't be getting over 100 fps in that game, and will my 144hz monitor make me turn the graphics in any other game to the <Mod Edit> lowest just to be able to reach 100+ fps?
Should i just simply go with 60hz because i don't get what's all about that screen tearing and input lag <Mod Edit> with monitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Monitor has Freesync so whatever variable range it's got, typically 30Hz to max Hz, should be smooth. If games can reach 100+ then good, if not, then it'll still look good. What you don't want is being limited to 60Hz / 60fps if frame rates can reach higher, ie 75, 85 etc.

If you own an Nvidia card, use Displayport to enable Gsync over Freesync.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Monitor has Freesync so whatever variable range it's got, typically 30Hz to max Hz, should be smooth. If games can reach 100+ then good, if not, then it'll still look good. What you don't want is being limited to 60Hz / 60fps if frame rates can reach higher, ie 75, 85 etc.

If you own an Nvidia card, use Displayport to enable Gsync over Freesync.

Solution