What's the deal with SLI??

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Well... pretty much the subject title. I have been told that the Nforce4 is worth the wait because of SLI, but I don't really know what that will mean to me?? Does anyone have a good explanation??

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
With SLI you can use 2 Nvidia 6x00 PCI-E cards to increase performance. THG has an article on the front page somewhere I think.

Having to buy 2 graphics cards makes it prohibitively expensive for most people, but it gives the option of getting one upper-mid level card (e.g. a 6600GT card) and then adding another one a lot later, when they've dropped in price.

Nforce4 will be the first PCI-Express chipset for the Athlon 64 system, so will be the first to offer SLI support. This is interesting because the A64 is a much better gaming processor than the P4.

---
"Sex without love is an empty experience...
But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best" - Woody Allen

Wrong forum...post in the Motherboards section, and GPU's if your feeling horny

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Yup, you are absolutely right Ned_Flanders... sorry, I wasn't thinking when I posted it. I am now off to read the article, and if I still have questions, I'll post in the correct forum, sorry for wasting the space guys.