What's the difference between 29UC88 and 29UC88-B?

kledder

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
I have checked the specification sheets but I can't find much of any differences between the 29UC88 and the 29UC88-B. Considering the first named is somewhat cheaper in my area I wonder if I should go with that one. I believe they were both released at the same date.

lg-29UC88
lg-29UC88-B

It does say this:
29UC88: Freesync Yes (DP 48~75Hz) &
29UC88-B: Freesync Yes (DP 40~75Hz)

But it also says this:
29UC88: V-Frequency (DisplayPort) 56~75Hz (FreeSync 40~75Hz) &
29UC88-B: Display Port(V-Frequency) 56 ~ 75Hz (FreeSync 40~75Hz)

Kalashnicola

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
After reading over the specs multiple times for both of these, to me, it really looks like that the "B" is actually referencing the webpage, not the model number. The "B" page is much cleaner, and well typed out. It looks more like what what was meant to be displayed as the sale page. The other version is a simple version, giving only basic info. Almost as if it was used as a template, or the webmaster was displeased with the first version. The specs are exactly the same, though typed a little differently, and slightly less detailed in the first version.

kledder

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
No it's a model number for sure. At first I thought it was just for different localizations but they are both availlable in European countries, even though LG's website(s) suggests otherwise. If you look at the URL you can see that one is for LG Hong Kong and the other is LG UK. Considering they were both released around the same time I doubt that it is a revision.

Normally speaking I would just get the "B" model but considering it's about €30 more expensive I figured I want to find out what is the difference first.

TRENDING THREADS