Whats the Difference between a case with PSU an without?

ahmedkaddah

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
whats the difference between buying Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower Desktop Case + 500W PSU
And a case like Corsair Carbide Spec-01 which doesnt have a PSU included?

Taking in mind they are the same price what is the Corsair one so high priced? compared that it doesnt have a PSU like the Cooler master one? Are the PSU's inculded in the case much weaker than the ones u buy?

Solution
Good day!

If you buy a case with a PSU you will not get that great of a power supply. I would recommend buying a Corsair CX 500M, 500W PSU.
In general cases that include power supplies, include very low quality, sometimes questionable power supplies. Generally speaking cases that include power supplies are also lower quality, cheaper cases.

Do your research on the included power supply before choosing a case with a power supply.

ahmedkaddah

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015

Im planning on buying SeaSonic ECO 600W PSU Since im overclocking my g3258 and using a r9 270x GPU.
I just wanted to get my facts straight and also make sure the case im getting isnt overpriced

in general cases with a psu attached are lower quality/cheaper. that cooler master though is in the exception list, it's a decent psu and case.

a corsair + that seasonic would be better but the cooler master will be enough too for your config.

edit: never mind, it doesn't come with a cooler master psu. it's assembled by the store. so you can get any 500W psu really so bad idea. if you get a 500W cooler master PSU that's not bad.

TRENDING THREADS