[SOLVED] What's the difference between ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR and ASUS ROG Swift PG278QE?

AaronDDB

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
Hi, just upgraded my system to support a Geforce RTX 2080ti Graphics card and wanting just as great a monitor as the card. Spent quite a bit on this setup so not wanting the display to let it down.
Been reading a lot of reviews and found that for Hz, the ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR is recommended for a combination of good refresh rate and also beautiful displays.
But what's the difference between ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR and ASUS ROG Swift PG278QE?

Also, if anyone has any other recommendations on a great monitor for a 2080ti, let me know. I don't play Call of Duty or Battlefield or any of those. I play Overwatch, but also more into the online survival games and stuff like that.
Also getting a Vive Index at some point so won't be using the monitor, but it's good to have leading up to that.

Cheers in advance!

Solution
Hi, just upgraded my system to support a Geforce RTX 2080ti Graphics card and wanting just as great a monitor as the card. Spent quite a bit on this setup so not wanting the display to let it down.
Been reading a lot of reviews and found that for Hz, the ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR is recommended for a combination of good refresh rate and also beautiful displays.
But what's the difference between ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR and ASUS ROG Swift PG278QE?

Also, if anyone has any other recommendations on a great monitor for a 2080ti, let me know. I don't play Call of Duty or Battlefield or any of those. I play Overwatch, but also more into the online survival games and stuff like that.
Also getting a Vive Index at some point so won't be using the...

Also getting a Vive Index at some point so won't be using the monitor, but it's good to have leading up to that.

Cheers in advance!

Browsing the stats for the two monitors, from what I can tell is that the QR model support 3D (using glasses) whereas the QE doesn't.

Otherwise they look to be the same panel specs, case stand and so on.

Edit specs pages:
QE: https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ROG-Swift-PG278QE/specifications/
QR: https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG278QR/specifications/

Solution