Question What's the difference between these 2 RAMs?

Mar 22, 2019
I want to buy 2 x 16 gb and seller says these 2 rams are the same, but I cannot verify it anywhere in manf site.

G.skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Desktop RAM (F4-3200C16D-32GTZR)

vs
G.skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Desktop RAM (F4-3200C16S-16GTZR)

The only difference is D and S in model number and ofcourse the 2nd one is not kit ram, but they will test and send it, so I guess its okay. I will have total of 32 GB.

Are these really any difference in performance?

If you want 32GB of RAM, as a pair of 16's, do not buy single units and plan on combining them to get the 32GB. It may work, and it may not work but, as stated above, you have no warranty case if they refuse to work together.

The RAM sold as a pair have been tested and verified to work together in a dual channel configuration, and you have a warranty to fall back on, if they have problems in your system.

So, in essence, NO. They are not the same. The top number is a pair warranted to work together, and the bottom number is a single unit warranted to work by itself.