[SOLVED] What's the difference between these two Logitech Mice?

Yeldur

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
Hi all, quick question regarding two mice I've spotted, I currently own a Logitech G502 Proteus Core mouse which has been completely and utterly fantastic, the best mouse I've ever purchased without a doubt; unfortunately it's at the end of its tether (Or at least, the scroll wheel is) and even after a clean I believe it needs a replacement after it's long service.

Currently I'm looking at these two:

Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse Proteus Spectrum RGB Tuneable with 11 Programmable Buttons - Black (Logitech G502 Proteus Core)

and

Logitech G502 HERO Gaming Mouse with HERO Sensor (RGB Mice, 16'000 DPI, 11 Programmable Buttons, Laptop PC Computer Mouse, 5 Adjustable Weights, Balance Tuning) - EU Package – Black (Logitech G502 HERO Gaming Mouse with HERO Sensor)

My question is... What's the difference? I can't see anything that different between the two, I know that the G502 Hero is the successor to the Proteus Core so that's the one I'm currently looking at, but the first mouse is very similar in price and I'm having trouble working out if there's an actual difference.

Thanks in advance.

Yeldur

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017

Yeldur

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
No worries. I agree, it's just minor fixes really, but sometimes minor fixes means a lack of minor annoyances that would otherwise make a decent piece of hardware tend to make you want to throw it at the wall. So it might be that they are worthwhile fixes.
Oh I agree, I bought the Hero just on the basis of that, it's actually cheaper as well so there's quite literally no reason not to haha :)

Should be here tomorrow, looking forward to have a mouse with a functioning scroll wheel again!