What's the difference between these two monitors?

RAiNfORAiNbOW

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
I am looking into buying a new monitor. I am pretty much set in terms of what I want - 1440p, IPS panel and 60hz. A good stylish design is always appreciated.

After looking for a while these 2 caught my eyes:
- ASUS MX27AQ and ASUS VZ27AQ

They are pretty much the same model. What do you think about those? Also I was wondering why some monitors and products in general have some sort of an awkward unpopularity? There are those monitors like the MX27AQ which you would see around YouTube and have 100+ reviews. Then there is this seemingly newer model of the same monitor, which frankly is new, but still has way too little presence on the internet to the point it makes me not want to buy it. What's up with that, any idea?

Second bonus question, why does this monitor say it reaches 75hz? I heard 75hz is reserved for AMD's freesynch technology. Do these 2 models support actual 75hz even if you are an Nvidia user? Because nowhere does it say on the model that the function is only for AMD video cards.

P.S I am still actively choosing a model. I am not set on just these two. I found the Dell monitors interesting although after reading some reviews I got really negative opinion about them. There are some horrific stories of people returning models 4 - 5 times and getting defective monitors each time. Should one consider such reviews when choosing a product like this? All products have 1 or 2 of these reviews but with Dell it seems to be a pandemic. Can those be trusted?

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
i use a 25" aoc q2577pwq

theres been a recent 'distrust' in nega-views or whatever the 'pr' departments wish to call it. this is to stop consumers who have been very very poorly treated by a big company some form of poetic justice. I will always take note of nega-views as a sign that whatever it was about is a pretty sure sign of fraud. im not afraid to say it.
please note however, not all 'nega-views' are legitimate, but the vast majority probably are.

after all, not every country has a tv program called watchdog, that publicly 'outs' big companies trying to commit fraud.

offroadguy56

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
The monitor I use is an Acer g257hu. Also a 1440p IPS panel.

The 75hz you see is what the panel is capable of if you turn down the resolution. You will get 60hz at 2560x1440 but might get 75hz with 800x600 for example.

Don't worry about super negative reviews. How often do you hear people complaining about having to send in a product multiple times? Read all the reviews from multiple sites if you are worried about it.