[SOLVED] Whats the effective difference between coolers and best thermal paste

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Between Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.34 CFM CPU Cooler and Deepcool Gammaxx GTE CPU Cooler which would be the better cooling solution. My stock cooler arrived faultily (wraith stealth isnt worth much and is subpar anyway, so the hassle of rma isnt worth it) and so want to replace it before starting the machine, which of the above coolers is better and what would be the ideal thermal compound to use? Ryzen 3600 cpu btw.

Solution
The 400 dissipates heat more quickly than the GTE, other than that they are pretty much similar in terms of dimensions (although slightly different).

The 400 is better. Any good quality paste like Thermal Grizzly Kryo, Arctic Silver/MX will do just fine.

Also, the Wraith are fine coolers. Best bundled coolers of all. They do their job very well, and can accommodate a moderate OC too.

I've a Wraith Max RGB and it handles my Ryzen 1xxx OC with ease. Nothing sub-par about them.

You may have had a dud, but then every other manufacturer out there has them too!
The 400 dissipates heat more quickly than the GTE, other than that they are pretty much similar in terms of dimensions (although slightly different).

The 400 is better. Any good quality paste like Thermal Grizzly Kryo, Arctic Silver/MX will do just fine.

Also, the Wraith are fine coolers. Best bundled coolers of all. They do their job very well, and can accommodate a moderate OC too.

I've a Wraith Max RGB and it handles my Ryzen 1xxx OC with ease. Nothing sub-par about them.

You may have had a dud, but then every other manufacturer out there has them too!

Solution

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Just to be sure, when removing old cruddy paste, is a firm paper towel fine to use or should I sully my pretty microfibre cloth to make sure it's done primo (dont have coffee filters), using 100% Isopropyl Alcohol.

A wraith max isnt really a wraith stealth though is it?

Last edited:
Assuming your paper towels are indeed firm enough to not fall apart they should be okay to use in place of coffee filters.
My recommendation is to use the paper towel to do all the cleaning with the 100%, then once its done and clean give it a once over with the microfiber to get any lint left behind. Shouldnt dirty the microfiber at this point.

Thermal paste performance varies, but not greatly. Even a cheaper paste like MX-4 is a solid choice.