championnithish

Reputable
Jan 28, 2018
Hey, I'm on a custom build and I only play fifa titles (FIFA 20 at the moment). I wish to improve my fps in game. I've tried a lot of combinations for video settings, however I've never managed to experience great fps in game. This is my pc specification:
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
8GB + 4GB DDR4 (2400Mhz)
MSi A320M Pro-VH Plus (powered via 500W unrated psu)
GeForce 1050Ti (Zotac OC)
1TB HDD (Barracuda ST1000DM010)
Windows 10 (custom os)
Phillips TV (60Hz refresh, 1080p@60)

This is my game setting:
Render quality: High (tried medium too)
Resolution:1920x1080
MSAA: Off
FPS: No Limit (also tried lock to 60)

Nvidia Panel Settings:
Let the 3D application decide

Any suggestions/help would be really appreciated.

PS: I don't experience any lag/frame tear. Budget gamer, can't really make huge investments on components now

Thank you.

Solution
Hey, I will try lowering settings (though I kept it high as game-debate recommended that I keep it high for my set up).
Secondly both my ram modules are the same brand (corsair vengeance) and same frequency (2400Mhz) and my MSi X-Amp profile is set to lock ram modules at 2400MHz.

It's not an issue of the RAM brand as much as the mixed sizes. https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...00005657/boards-and-kits.html?wapkw=flex#flex

You also did not say what FPS exactly you were getting in the game(s), they may be perfectly normal for your system and settings.

championnithish

Reputable
Jan 28, 2018
Lower settings or faster parts.

Your RAM should be a matched, you are not running in proper dual channel mode.
Hey, I will try lowering settings (though I kept it high as game-debate recommended that I keep it high for my set up).
Secondly both my ram modules are the same brand (corsair vengeance) and same frequency (2400Mhz) and my MSi X-Amp profile is set to lock ram modules at 2400MHz.

championnithish

Reputable
Jan 28, 2018
Add #3 to the above....don't overload your system with crap software.
My custom os has very limited windows apps and services pre installed (no WMI, no superfetch, no task scheduler, no windows update, no defender). Apart from that I have only Adobe acrobat (cracked) installed and running always. Also chrome, openvpn, utorrent, wps office, 7z, irfanviewer and far cry 4 installed. Any of these could be an issue?

Doesn't matter. That's extremely slow RAM and almost guaranteed not running in dual channel mode. Get yourself a 2x8gb kit @ 3000mhz.

Reactions: championnithish

USAFRet

Titan
My custom os has very limited windows apps and services pre installed (no WMI, no superfetch, no task scheduler, no windows update, no defender). Apart from that I have only Adobe acrobat (cracked) installed and running always. Also chrome, openvpn, utorrent, wps office, 7z, irfanviewer and far cry 4 installed. Any of these could be an issue?
"custom os", cracked software, no Windows updates, slow RAM?
Yes, that could absolutely be an issue.

It's not an issue of the RAM brand as much as the mixed sizes. https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...00005657/boards-and-kits.html?wapkw=flex#flex

You also did not say what FPS exactly you were getting in the game(s), they may be perfectly normal for your system and settings.

Solution