[SOLVED] What's the most common form of mouse / keyboard failure you guys have had?

pedrolopez

Commendable
Nov 18, 2019
I've seen many keyboards and mice rated for 10 or even 50 million clicks, but does this even matter? I feel like most people's keyboards or mice break before the rated click limit due to abuse, such as perhaps a switch shaft snapping out, or water damage. Are there any people reading this that have genuinely reached the rated click limit? And if so, what happens? Does the keyboard / mouse start gradually failing, or does it just suddenly stop one day?

Solution
I've seen many keyboards and mice rated for 10 or even 50 million clicks, but does this even matter? I feel like most people's keyboards or mice break before the rated click limit due to abuse, such as perhaps a switch shaft snapping out, or water damage. Are there any people reading this that have genuinely reached the rated click limit? And if so, what happens? Does the keyboard / mouse start gradually failing, or does it just suddenly stop one day?

Keyboard I don't think I have ever had one fail on me fully, but keys have started to not feel as nice, usually just due to wear on the keycaps. Mice buttons have failed or scroll wheels in them. Issue is unless you count how many times you clicked a button or a key you will...
Now, man, this post really makes me wonder.
Seriously...why are you even asking this?
It's clear that it can both- gradually-fail, or/and suddenly stop one day, 'n so what?

If you want a good mouse, go for something from Logitech. Durable, accurate, high-quality, low-consumption all-in-one.

And from there on...trashy mice are everywhere. Probably the Jedel ones have showed me the worst sh*ts.

As for the keyboard...well, I think even the trashiest ones can survive for 20 and more years with whatever u do with them. At least I had one, that survived more than 16 years my evil hands (and probably would still work, if it didn't fall into 15-20 litres of cold water).
It was 5-10 dollars back in the early 2000 - 2nd hand, bough by my family.

Oh, actually Logitech makes keyboards, too. I wouldn't be amazed if they create one that'll survive 100-200 years under intensive usage.

Keyboard I don't think I have ever had one fail on me fully, but keys have started to not feel as nice, usually just due to wear on the keycaps. Mice buttons have failed or scroll wheels in them. Issue is unless you count how many times you clicked a button or a key you will have no way to know if you hit the rating the vendor puts on the device. Even if you did, there is again no way to know what caused the failure easily, if you used it for 20 million clicks and it failed, was it because it wore out normally or due to something else like being dropped a week earlier?

Solution