[SOLVED] What's the most powerful GPU I should pair with a Ryzen 7 5800x?

Optiplex4G

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
What's the most powerful GPU I can pair with my Ryzen 7 5800x and avoid bottlenecks? I'm looking for a card that will be able to play games at 1440p and maintain good framerates for at least a 3-5 years.

No such thing as avoiding bottlenecks as there will always be one somewhere. A faster card will always be faster than a slower one even if it's not being entirely utilized. Best way to see how much benefit you'll get from an upgrade is to check GPU usage in whatever games you play. Any game where your GPU is running maxed out will see more benefit than one where it isn't.

Given the current state of the market I think it's good to take a step back and ask yourself if you need an upgrade. Even if I was "stuck" on my 1660 Ti or 2060 I wouldn't be upgrading right now due to the poor value proposition (unless I was looking to buy a 4090 because while the price is absurd the halo card prices always are and it gives a ton of performance).

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
What's the most powerful GPU I can pair with my Ryzen 7 5800x and avoid bottlenecks? I'm looking for a card that will be able to play games at 1440p and maintain good framerates for at least a 3-5 years.
Depends on your expectations.

If your looking for a card to last 3 years probably the RTX 4070ti if your trying to run everything on ultra at higher than 60FPS then probably more card.

Nobody can really tell what card will last that long because nobody knows.

EDIT well the 4090 should if you wish to spend that much money for a video card and probably a new PSU also.