Question Whats the most suitable Upgrade for my system? Easy install and Bang for my Buck?

Sep 11, 2019
Im want to buy a Graphics card (New or Used) for my windows 10 PC and am stuck for choice.
i am a fairly competent PC user and would like to buy and install one myself but not quite sure which one would suite my baseboard/motherboard and which would actually be a better upgrade... or if i can have more than one with my current system..any advice or help would be very much appreciated. or if i would be better to just get a whole new system if mine isn't too great. i play a lot of MMO/RPG Games.

Intel core I5=2400 CPU @ 3.10ghz
8.00GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
Lenovo Mothervoard
500w PSU

Again thanks for reading, cant wait to read your replies. :)

Budget: 300-500 GBP

Last edited:

Darkbreeze

Titan
Wow, compared to what you have now, this would work fine with your CPU and would offer magnitudes higher performance than your current card.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $279.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-19 03:00 EDT-0400

Depending on what the EXACT model of your current power supply is, you may need to include the replacement of that as well. The fact that you likely have an OEM system isn't very promising though since it's very likely that might be a proprietary system that does not allow for standard form factor upgrades such as ATX power supplies and motherboards. We are going to need to know the exact model of your power supply and your prebuilt system model might be helpful as well. Model should be directly on the power supply label.

It's possible if that's an OEM Delta unit, that you might not need to replace it at all, but I wouldn't count on it. And if that unit has as many miles on it as I suspect it does, it may be a VERY good idea to replace it anyhow, even if you don't strictly HAVE to.

Reactions: dotas1

heebobo5

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016
Wow, compared to what you have now, this would work fine with your CPU and would offer magnitudes higher performance than your current card.

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $279.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-19 03:00 EDT-0400

Depending on what the EXACT model of your current power supply is, you may need to include the replacement of that as well. The fact that you likely have an OEM system isn't very promising though since it's very likely that might be a proprietary system that does not allow for standard form factor upgrades such as ATX power supplies and motherboards. We are going to need to know the exact model of your power supply and your prebuilt system model might be helpful as well. Model should be directly on the power supply label.

It's possible if that's an OEM Delta unit, that you might not need to replace it at all, but I wouldn't count on it. And if that unit has as many miles on it as I suspect it does, it may be a VERY good idea to replace it anyhow, even if you don't strictly HAVE to.
This would be my recommendation as well. EVGA is also the manufacturer I would recommend but MSI, ASUS, and Gigabyte are also good choices.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS