Question What's the optimal fan curve for a 6650 XT using AMD Radeon software ?

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
It mostly depends on how good the cooler is. If the cooler is good, you can just leave it to default and call it a day. If you are getting high temps under normal use, then do as CountMike says. If it gets too hot and throttles, then you should underclock and undervolt it.

Reactions: CountMike
It mostly depends on how good the cooler is. If the cooler is good, you can just leave it to default and call it a day. If you are getting high temps under normal use, then do as CountMike says. If it gets too hot and throttles, then you should underclock and undervolt it.
I have undervolted it, but whenever i restart my PC, the GPU profile goes back to default.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Optimal is a subjective measure and depends on multiple factors, particularly your system's cooling/airflow setup. whether OCing, how much noise can you tolerate, etc.

Except for the most extreme of circumstances, you should not have to underclock/undervolt to maintain sufficient cooling.

With everything at stock settings, what are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?