[SOLVED] What's the PLL model number of a Dell Inspiron 1300/B120/B130?

Anston06

Reputable
Apr 21, 2020
I have a Dell Inspiron 1300/B120/B130 laptop. I'm trying to overclock it to see how far this old thing can go. I've been overclocking it a little bit with ClockGen, but I'm probably using the wrong PLL model number because several show the correct clock speeds when I press "Read Clocks". I don't want to have to take it apart to see what it is because that's a very long and complicated process. Does anyone know the correct PLL model number?

Solution
FYI:

"There are a couple of ways to approach overclocking. Since your asking about the PLL you're obviously considering SetFSB. The PLL is located next to a metal "can" looking crystal behind the 2nd PCIe 1x slot. You'll have to get the numbers off of it yourself. The problem with this method is you can't raise the Voltage to support much of an OC. Back in LGA775 days there were VID mods.But with the Northbridge on the CPU I don't think that works any more. "

Source: old link from within this Forum.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-bioses-for-it-can-it-be-overclocked.3254750/

Understood that you do not want to take it apart - that could end...

Ralston18

Titan
FYI:

"There are a couple of ways to approach overclocking. Since your asking about the PLL you're obviously considering SetFSB. The PLL is located next to a metal "can" looking crystal behind the 2nd PCIe 1x slot. You'll have to get the numbers off of it yourself. The problem with this method is you can't raise the Voltage to support much of an OC. Back in LGA775 days there were VID mods.But with the Northbridge on the CPU I don't think that works any more. "

Source: old link from within this Forum.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-bioses-for-it-can-it-be-overclocked.3254750/

Understood that you do not want to take it apart - that could end badly.

And it appears that overclocking as intended (experimenting or otherwise) may not be viable.

Google: "Where is Dell PLL number".

There are many links to be found. Change the search criteria and filters to help narrow down the results as you read and learn.

Reactions: CompuGuy71
Solution