Question What's the point of my 2070 Super KO having an SLI adapter?

Aug 29, 2022
Didn't do much research before I bought my 2nd 2070 Super KO.

I figured that the adapter is there - might as well buy a second one and an SLI bridge.

Surprisingly, even though there isn't an actual setting in my NVidia control panel to sift through an SLI configuration rather than PhysX and various other settings - I notice the difference in terms of performance.

Despite the fact that one of the GPU's always sits at 0% usage.

Still irks me, I don't know why (despite the fact that I recognize the difference in performance.)

Should I be irked though?

And should I sell it and or use the graphics card for a different configuration for various other purposes?

I don't know.

I'm pissed off at this whole computer era for running into random gray area'd crap this like this.

Who else can attest as to other possibilities?

Colif

Win 11 Master
NVIDIA NVLINK
NVLink Bridge
NVLink
GEFORCE RTX NVLINK™ BRIDGE
Connect two NVLink SLI-ready graphics cards with 50X the transfer bandwidth of previous technologies. You can count on super-smooth gameplay at maximum resolutions with ultimate visual fidelity in GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2080 SUPER, 2080, and 2070 SUPER graphics cards.
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/geforce-rtx-2070-super-nvlink-sli-bridge/109190/9

SLI isn't as useful now as it once was as cards powerful enough alone to not benefit from it. Most games don't use it or even support it anymore.

I don't think I'd recommend buying two RTX 2070 SUPER graphics cards for gaming these days unless you are aware of their issues in some games, and no multi-GPU support in many games and/or 100% scaling so that you fully benefit from buying the second graphics card. An easy thing I used to say when I used to sell these multi-GPU setups is that "you're spending 100% more money, getting 20-30% more performance isn't worth it". You can put that money into something worthwhile -- like higher-end display, an SSD (if you didn't have one) or a new CPU/motherboard.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/...k-benchmarked/index.html#Performance-Thoughts

TRENDING THREADS