• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Whats the power source for the simpletech external hard drive

SottieDoo74

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
I have a 320GB Simpletech, and I misplaced my power cord. Whats the power cords watts, and i'm having trouble getting this external to connect. Any way to help me past that as well? Thanks
***Scottie Doo***

Mar 9, 2018
The power supply (Dog Bone) seems to be the issue causing most simpletech problem reports I as an engineer encountered. The oem "dog bone" dies of heat failure or current overload. I have found an old Thinkpad T25 -T30 which are 65w are superior substitutes. Low power from old damaged power supplies cause most of the reported problems I have trouble shot and bring life to supposed dead external simpletech drives. Your welcome

Mar 9, 2018
A new power supply of adequate size 65 watt may solve all these issues The OEM power supplies are of doubtful quality and often fail over time. I substitute
an IBM Thinkpad power supply from a T25 or T30. You really need a 65w power supply.