[SOLVED] whats the recommended ram speed for the 5900x?

Solution
I don't know who told you that, but 4 sticks is better than 2.
1 is pretty bad, but there is very little difference between 2 and 4, so 2 is enough, get 4 if you need that much ram.

4 sticks are not better than 2, in a dual channel system, like the AM4 platform. 4 sticks can have issues reaching rated speeds. 4 sticks is only better for quad channel setups, like threadripper.
Feb 24, 2020
3200/3600mhz cl16 is probably where i'd put my money.

4000mhz kits usually have cl18 (which make them just as fast as 3600mhz cl16) and the ones with say, cl17 or cl16 4000mhz are super expensive.
Anything higher is even dumber.
also, ive heard that for the ryzen 3000 it was better two sticks then four, its the same for ryzen 5000 right?

Feb 24, 2020
1 is pretty bad, but there is very little difference between 2 and 4, so 2 is enough, get 4 if you need that much ram.
oh, i think the two sticks better is because the mobo i want to get is asus rog crosshair viii hero, which is dual channel i think, so 2 sticks is best for me right?

logainofhades

Titan

4 sticks are not better than 2, in a dual channel system, like the AM4 platform. 4 sticks can have issues reaching rated speeds. 4 sticks is only better for quad channel setups, like threadripper.

Reactions: cards1
Solution