Question What's the secret for Cooler Master Hyper 212EVO? (version 1)

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
I'm trying to install one on a Z490 UD AC motherboard. I've watched videos and have the instruction sheet and nothing adds up. I'm stuck on the X thing that goes underneath the heat sink but over the thermal pasted square. If I follow the directions exactly with the notches lined up and all that I would still have to force the screws (the ones with the spiral wire) into the nuts. Like, by a lot. The videos mention they are tough to get in but none have as much distance between them as I do. I don't want to wreck my brand new cpu. What am I missing?

Nevermind, I think I got it now.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Doubt that there are any "secrets" per se.

Far more likely that you have encountered some poor documentation and/or a part that does not "fit in".

Are you able to post some photographs and links to the instructions you are using?

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-post-images-in-tomshardware-guide.1845556/

Overall, you, in a sense, may not be missing anything.

That "distance" you mentioned could be an indication that perhaps you received the wrong "X thing" or that something else is astray.

Take another look at any documentation/installation procedures you are using. Especially any fine print or caveats.

You made a good decision to not "force the screws".

Be patient. Post accordingly. Very good chance that someone will be able to identify the problem and suggest a solution.

Reactions: Viorala