Apr 12, 2017
Hi. I just got my pc components. All I need is a powerful gpu to this setup

cpu - Ryzen 5900x
mobo - Asus X570-E gaming
ram - G.skill trident z Neo 3600mhz cl 16
ssd - 2x samsung 980 m2
cpu cooler - NZXT Kraken Z73
psu - asus rog strix 1000w

Normally I would pick the Asus 3080 Ti rog strix OC, but there is not many comparisons online. Is the MSI as good as the Asus one, or?

Last edited:

GPMethod

Reputable
Apr 12, 2017
at this point, its anything you can get your hands on.

MSI has some pretty good models, but so does evga, zotac, gigabyte. Its mostly just pricing and looks.

So all of them pretty much the same? The reason for me doubting is simply because i've had asus all the way. No problems at all, but I can get the MSI because that one is in stock for me.
MSI Suprim X is what im talking about

Reactions: Bassman999

tecmo34

Administrator
If you are looking for the best, I would way the EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra is the best 3080 Ti card and normally the best Nvidia based cards. They are one of the few that are solely a Nvidia manufacturer and have great cards. Second, I would go with ASUS over MSI, myself.

As AlexTheFern said, you will be fine with whichever one you can find in stock.

GPMethod

Reputable
Apr 12, 2017
If you are looking for the best, I would way the EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra is the best 3080 Ti card and normally the best Nvidia based cards. They are one of the few that are solely a Nvidia manufacturer and have great cards. Second, I would go with ASUS over MSI, myself.

As AlexTheFern said, you will be fine with whichever one you can find in stock.

Ty for fast answers. Funny thing is the asus and the evga you're talking about is not in stock. pretty much all the others is. But why is EVGA the best one, what is the reason?

tecmo34

Administrator
1) Dedicated to Nvidia only. They only make Nvidia based cards, versus companies like ASUS that do both Nvidia and AMD. This leads to more support, design, technology, etc. towards Nvidia as their sole function (design concepts / teams aren't split between Red and Green).

2) Overclock ability / head room. Their cards are typically the top when it comes in overclock head room over reference design cards.

3) Customer Support, which in my experience is one of the best in the market.

4) Personal experience, as I have only trusted EVGA GPU's for all of my builds dating back the 8800 GT days.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
So all of them pretty much the same? The reason for me doubting is simply because i've had asus all the way. No problems at all, but I can get the MSI because that one is in stock for me.
MSI Suprim X is what im talking about
the top offerings from the AIBs are similar in performance. Some people dont like certain brands. If I had to pick a brand I would skip over it would be Zotac, I have heard they are much better than the old days, but they are not on my radar.
I have always had good experience with ASUS and EVGA.
My EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra is bet

mxnty

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021
Hi there! I’m actually doing a very similar build to you and already have my GPU. I’ll be building it in a week and I’ll keep you posted but here are the major specs:

5900X

MOBO: Crosshair 8 Dark Hero (I was going for that MOBO but I was informed that it is simply an ROG version of the TUF X570 Plus which is $200, and that there are very little differences in that range up until Crosshair other than Price.)

Ram: Same as you

SSD: WD SN850 (the brother to yours)

Cooler: Z73

PSU: EVGA 1000W GQ (similar to yours)