[SOLVED] What's this component of a tv called? There is a smell coming from it.

Jan 7, 2020
I have a burning plastic smell coming from my tv, it's coming from where this component is. What is this component called and what does it do?
https://prnt.sc/raj8z6

Sorry for the link - can't seem to attach pictures.

Solution
I would love to be able to give a specific response, but hard to say with them covered like that. My guess would be the driver/power supply for the back light.

Mains power supply on the left certainly. I/O and logic and TV tuner on the far right.

Not really sure what the bottom part could be, unless the TV has multiple back lights (Which is very common) Could also be a split LCD where the top and bottom half are actually separate devices just driven together.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would love to be able to give a specific response, but hard to say with them covered like that. My guess would be the driver/power supply for the back light.

Mains power supply on the left certainly. I/O and logic and TV tuner on the far right.

Not really sure what the bottom part could be, unless the TV has multiple back lights (Which is very common) Could also be a split LCD where the top and bottom half are actually separate devices just driven together.

Solution