What's up w/ my invisible Task Manager??

Freezybear

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2002
I just got 2000 installed on my machine. And for the most part it's absolutly great. It beats the @#$@ out of poor ME.

Anyway, I love the 2000 task manager, but for some reason when I call it up now it only shows the very middle of the window (the end task section). So it doesn't show any of the tabs, or standard window functions like close, etc. The problem w/ this is that I can't get to the uhhh... processor/memory usage section and whatever else was there... I'd look at it for the names but it ain't there =). The only thing that I can think of that changed this was the installation of sp2 or one of the other security updates. Though I really didn't notice if it stopped working right after the update. I'm fairly certain it's not any video drivers, seeing as how it originaly worked fine, and I've tried several including the one approved by Microsoft since the Task Manager half died on me.

Anyone have similar experience or suggestions/solutions?

Thanks all!!

jasen

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2001
Heheh.. don't feel bad, I've been working with NT since it came out and never noticed that! Mr Lanka has been around...

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Mr Lanka has been around...
Only because the same thing happened to me. Thats the way I learn stuff - I first make all the mistakes, then try and remember them (thats the hard part).

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>