whats up with Asus+AMD=failure?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

handym3000

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
i own the dfi nf4 slidr booard and it rocks. if you want to overclock then this is the board for you plus it has 8 sata connections and thats a huge plus

handym3000

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2005
i own the dfi nf4 slidr booard and it rocks. if you want to overclock then this is the board for you plus it has 8 sata connections and thats a huge plus

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Wussy: I had an ASUS A7NX-E - DELUXE with BARTON 2500+ and it overclock beautiful! Now i have ASUS A8N32 SLI - DELUXE and Winchester 3000+ and i am most pleased with it! On the other hand... i have seen large amount of so called PENTIUM processors that are worst than their AMD equivalent in anyway (some P4 are even worst than INTEL P3)

... so at the end is just a matter of preferences and I say: YOU WANT TO BE A GAMER => GET AMD! You want to be a SNOB => GET PENTIUM xxx!

PS: No harm done...to anyone... just to their EGO !

someguyy

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
i myself own an asus A8n-e and i am well satisified with it. i havent had to mess with the bios o anyhting and it has been workng flawlessly for 2 months.

this is my first time with an asus board, the nforce chipset and socket 939 (my last board was an aopen 754 via) and i really only have 1 complaint. that is that the audio i get when playing some of my games (bf-2 its most noticible) my speaker like to give of static during sound effect. this could just be beacuase my speakers are old but that wouldnt explain why everything else sound perfectly fine.