What's VBAT ?

Panda_7

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
CPUID and Corsair Link show that my VBAT ( aka VIN8 ) is 1.52V but sometimes i restart my PC it's 1.54 V and i didn't change anything ,and when i bought the pc few month ago it was 1.55 V . I just want to ask is it normal? , how can i adjust VBAT on bios ( im using Gigabyte Z170x- Gaming 3) , and what does VBAT mean ?

THANK YOU

Solution
Hello... There is a MB battery for the BIO's and stored CMOS settings... and it is not adjustable or re-chargeable... they need to be replaced about every 7-10 years?

Everytime you BOOT it will use this stored/saved CMOS information... and speeds up the Boot process, with your saved system information.
Hello... There is a MB battery for the BIO's and stored CMOS settings... and it is not adjustable or re-chargeable... they need to be replaced about every 7-10 years?

Everytime you BOOT it will use this stored/saved CMOS information... and speeds up the Boot process, with your saved system information.

Solution
Hello... NO... all it does is Hold your custom/hardware/boot/MB information... they should be a 3.3v watch/coin battery so IF that is the voltage it is referring too? then it might be Time to to get a replacement... they can be found in the Watch battery section of a local store for about $1... if you wanna see if that changes the reading from the APP. B /