[SOLVED] What's with the different brandings (msi, gigabyte, rog) on rtx2060s?

G4M30V3R

Commendable
Sep 23, 2020
In my local store, the 2060 and 2070 super cards have different shapes depending on whether the box has asus logo, msi, gigabyte or aorus logo. What's up with that?

Is that the mobo specification? Does that mean the msi one goes only on mai mobo and the asus rog strix only goes on a rog strix mobo?

My mobo is asus rog strix b550-f wifi. That means i should get the rog strix 2060 super?

Solution
No, the brands change some things but most of the time is just aesthetics.

The performance difference is negligible (usually between 2-5% IF there is a difference), the cooling solutions differ, power delivery, quality of some components and as mentioned above, the aesthetics.

The only thing you need to consider when you want to buy one, is if your PSU can handle it and if it fits in your case.
No, the brands change some things but most of the time is just aesthetics.

The performance difference is negligible (usually between 2-5% IF there is a difference), the cooling solutions differ, power delivery, quality of some components and as mentioned above, the aesthetics.

The only thing you need to consider when you want to buy one, is if your PSU can handle it and if it fits in your case.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution