[SOLVED] What's with the total ignorance of people never explaining anything then saying look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2023
I am not asking for help. this topic isn't me asking how to do something..this is simply me pointing something out that warrants having attention brought to it

I'll get to my point shortly because this situation needs to be explained first:
I'm honestly tired of seeing someone ask a question on a forum and instead of getting an answer, they get told to go look it up. This is a major problem because nothing is ever explained, which makes looking it up pointless and very irritating and causes massive anger problems on forums

So what does this have to do with Overclocking you ask..simple. I have an asus tuf Gaming z690 WiFi plus (DDR5) + i9 13900k with 32GB 6500 DDR5 RAM and I was looking to start Doing some overclocking which I know nothing about...So I was watching a lot of youtube videos regarding OCing. I stumbled across an official asus video that mentioned using the ai overclocking thing inside the BIOS. (Yes this was an official asus channel)

All they did was saying this is the easiest way to OC for beginners and you click the ai overclocking feature...then don't say anything beyond that.
When it comes to OCing, it's just like anything else on the net, there isn't a single proper set of instructions that can be followed..People are either always skipping things, starting with menus opened they didn't explain how they accessed, using words and phrase they didn't define.

Right now if you go into the BIOS and click ai ocing, you will see that There is no menu or popup, no numbers change, no anything, I mean is something supposed to be happening after you select the ai overclocking thing in the bios? I didn't see anything.

Well I copied that and it does nothing. and I don't mean it ran and there was no result..I mean it literally didn't do anything. I literally changed the setting and hit F10 to save and it literally said no bios settings have been changed.

What I find even more shady is I read some people said they had an OC of 37% or some % ..UMMM they're delusional because % doesn't even exist as a thing so where are they getting these mystery numbers from? Nothing

So overclocking isn't a thing. because nothing happens on screen, there is no changes no anything, not sure what's with people not explaining anything but this is absurd.

People need to start making fully detailed step by step instructions, this include every menu they opened, how they got to it..everything, because right now because of everything I've seen, read, heard, and personally seen people who have gone through, and my personal experience will just say that OCing isn't a real thing and no one is doing it because for something everyone says they do, there is no evidence to support they did anything. Until I can get real instructions, then you can tell me there is Ocing til you're blue in the face and I still won't believe you..Instead of wasting time trying to talk me to death, you could instead be making instructions make a video with step by step. Yes that was rhetorical as I alreayd said I'm not looking for nor do I want help. That's basically saying people spend all this time arguing and saying look it up instead of using their reply to help someone, they do everything but...The point to that is if peopel can take the time to write out argumentative replies, then they should be actually helping. You can argue and type long replies about how someone needs to look it up, but somehow can't use that same amount of reply space to actually help out.

END of RANT

Last edited:
Solution
I am not asking for help. this topic isn't me asking how to do something..this is simply me pointing something out that warrants having attention brought to it

I'll get to my point shortly because this situation needs to be explained first:
I'm honestly tired of seeing someone ask a question on a forum and instead of getting an answer, they get told to go look it up. This is a major problem because nothing is ever explained, which makes looking it up pointless and very irritating and causes massive anger problems on forums

So what does this have to do with Overclocking you ask..simple. I have an asus tuf Gaming z690 WiFi plus (DDR5) + i9 13900k with 32GB 6500 DDR5 RAM and I was looking to start Doing some overclocking which I...
I was looking to start Doing some overclocking which I know nothing about...
Overclocking is hardly ever worth it.
Takes a lot of time to tune. Gives minor performance benefits. Introduces instabilities.
Can lead to premature hardware failure and shortened system lifespan.

If you never have done it and know nothing about it, then better not to start it at all.

Reactions: drivinfast247
Mar 6, 2023
Overclocking is hardly ever worth it.
Takes a lot of time to tune. Gives minor performance benefits. Introduces instabilities.
Can lead to premature hardware failure and shortened system lifespan.

If you never have done it and know nothing about it, then better not to start it at all.
You're the type of person my rant is about

Nathkrul

Notable
Sep 22, 2022
I think the best thing you could possibly do for those people that don't want to look up more, gather more info on the subject, is to maybe create your own step-by-step video etc and spoon-feed them yourself.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

So what does this have to do with Overclocking you ask..simple. I have an asus tuf Gaming z690 WiFi plus (DDR5) + i9 13900k with 32GB 6500 DDR5 RAM and I was looking to start Doing some overclocking which I know nothing about...So I was watching a lot of youtube videos regarding OCing. I stumbled across an official asus video that mentioned using the ai overclocking thing inside the BIOS. (Yes this was an official asus channel)

All they did was saying this is the easiest way to OC for beginners and you click the ai overclocking feature...then don't say anything beyond that.
When it comes to OCing, it's just like anything else on the net, there isn't a single proper set of instructions that can be followed..People are either always skipping things, starting with menus opened they didn't explain how they accessed, using words and phrase they didn't define.

Right now if you go into the BIOS and click ai ocing, you will see that There is no menu or popup, no numbers change, no anything, I mean is something supposed to be happening after you select the ai overclocking thing in the bios? I didn't see anything.

Well I copied that and it does nothing. and I don't mean it ran and there was no result..I mean it literally didn't do anything. I literally changed the setting and hit F10 to save and it literally said no bios settings have been changed.

What I find even more shady is I read some people said they had an OC of 37% or some % ..UMMM they're delusional because % doesn't even exist as a thing so where are they getting these mystery numbers from? Nothing

So overclocking isn't a thing. because nothing happens on screen, there is no changes no anything, not sure what's with people not explaining anything but this is absurd.

People need to start making fully detailed step by step instructions, this include every menu they opened, how they got to it..everything, because right now because of everything I've seen, read, heard, and personally seen people who have gone through, and my personal experience will just say that OCing isn't a real thing and no one is doing it because for something everyone says they do, there is no evidence to support they did anything. Until I can get real instructions, then you can tell me there is Ocing til you're blue in the face and I still won't believe you..Instead of wasting time trying to talk me to death, you could instead be making instructions make a video with step by step. Yes that was rhetorical as I alreayd said I'm not looking for nor do I want help. That's basically saying people spend all this time arguing and saying look it up instead of using their reply to help someone, they do everything but...The point to that is if peopel can take the time to write out argumentative replies, then they should be actually helping. You can argue and type long replies about how someone needs to look it up, but somehow can't use that same amount of reply space to actually help out.

END of RANT

Basically, you're asking random volunteers on the internet to write instruction manuals. The thing is, there isn't one magical set of overclocking tips out there because with so many different BIOS, hardware, and approaches out there, there can't possibly be, so advice has to be general. Overclocking is a serious enthusiast thing and doing it incorrectly has serious consequences, it's not like making ice cubes. If someone needs their hands held through every step of the process and is unable to research things on their own and absorb that information, and is so uncurious that they can't even find a menu without extensive guidance, then that person has zero business touching overclocking, at least until their knowledge base increases considerably.

Forums are for advice; to expect people on forums to provide you videos with step-by-step instructions is patently unreasonable. You want to command us to write extensive manuals and provide you instructional videos? Not going to happen. I'm happy to volunteer and give tips and pointers to guide someone along their road, but this is advice, not an agreement to play wet nurse. Advice is free, but work, well, now we're talking billable hours (and my minimum is 1.0 hours).

And as a reminder, we are not Wordpress or Medium, and these forums are not a blog hosting platform. If you just want to soapbox, this is not the appropriate website. And it's definitely not a forum in which you're allowed to simply be rude to people because they tell you something that you do not wish to hear. I'm not issuing a warning point for the rant, but I am for how you acted towards @SkyNetRising, a volunteer who donates a lot of his time and has helped more than 4,000 people resolve their problems in the time he's generously donated. It takes a lot of nerve for someone who has never contributed anything here other than a stream-of-consciousness list of complaints to troll people who have actually helped a lot of other people for not being helpful.

Last edited:
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Sir,

If you had simply asked in here about overclocking, before your angst fueled rant, some nice person might have linked you to this:

That is 5 years old, and almost certainly not a click by click representation of YOUR current hardware.
But it is a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.