What's wrong with my connection?

Evolvish

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I recently noticed that my connection slows down the longer I try to download something. When I try to download things it starts at full speed then starts to progressively slow down until they stop completely. If I play bf4 on a 45 ping server, my ping will occasionally jump to 500-999 ms even when no one else is on the network. When watching youtube videos they will always stop loading at least once and I have to refresh the page, the same is true for other video sites where it starts out fast and then they become so slow it takes an hour to watch a 20 minute video or stop completely.

The same is true for all devices on the network so it's not just mine, even right now I can't download a 45 mb update for the ps3 because it just stops halfway through.

I recently replaced the router because of problems with the old one, but I'm certain the problems stretch a few weeks before that.

could be isp or modem issues. Log into the modem not your router and look at the uncorrectable errors. if its moving up your modem is having connection issues. a good connection should read "0" or a really low number on the uncorrectable and if its listed even the correctable numbers should be low.

you could reset your modem and see if that helps.

I have well known cable company and every fews day I have to reset my modem because of slowdown issues from them but I have no actual connection issue. I think they don't want to admit they are throttling down the connection.

Evolvish

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

It says 0 errors, and 1 restraint and 30 unavailable seconds, not sure what that means. But I reset the router and it makes no difference.