Whats wrong with my CPU?

Reqqed

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Hey Guys Reqq here,
Okay before i get on to the question these are my specs:
500 Watt Power supply
Gtx 660
Gigabyte Ga-78LMT-USB3 (BOIS Updated to f4)
1 TB HDD

anyway onto the question, i orginally had a AMD fx4100 CPU installed when i bought my computer and it wasnt working with the games i wanted to play so i purchased a amdfx 6350 from scan before the new year, it came and i installed it and when i was trying to install it the fan was really really hard to get in i had to apply so much pressure just to fit it in.

Anyway i put it in and it was making such a really weird noise , iv never heard it before at all!

So i took it out and i accedently bent the pins,

So i put my old Cpu back in my (amd fx4100) and it was completly fine for a few weeks

regardless i got a replacement from scan and installed it correctly again and the same noise was happeing, so i was really worried i called scan and had them test the cpu in there system and it was fine so i dont understand the problem, anyway i found out that the RPM was running at 7500!! so i downloaded a program called speed fan to lower this as the bios wasnt automaticly lowering it but in the bios it is set to auto and cool and quiet.

Anyway i lowered the the RPM and when i was trying to play a game or surf the internet after 30 mins or so the RPM would drop to 0! but the fans was still moving then after a few seconds it would jump to 12000 rpm!

Anyway the computer would crash! or the screen would go white or black then i would have to switch it off or it would automaticly reboot if i waited.

So i thought it was the fan overheating so i took the side case off and i have a normal room fan blowing cold air into the pc at the moment to keep it cool so it doesn't freeze or whatever, but the weird thing is the temperature never went over 65! Degrees, i dont understand whats going on because when i put my old cpu back in it was fine my fans worked perfectly and when i change back to the new one the fans on my side case shoot up and wont come down and my cpu fan xxxx up without speedfan.

Please help!!! (NOTE: I used stock thermal paste so that cant be the issue!)

only thing i can thing off is the psu isnt big enough!??
PLEASE GET BACK TO ME!!!!

I assume you're joking.

@OP I'd try going into the BIOS and resetting optimised defaults.

Going from Bulldozer to Vishera may have caused issues. A full Windows reinstall might be necessary.

Reqqed

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

I dont understand i have done the bios default thing and why would windows make a problem

Reqqed

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Guys, I Reset the Optimised settings and Fresh windows install and nothing happend!!!!! it just went back too 6000 rpm untill i installed speedfan to reduce it

Reqqed

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Yes i have its marked with a sticky label, iv also tried in the system header too, i know definatly think it could be the motherboard as when i turned the pc on today the case fan was running really high too for some reason

Reqqed

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
okay im having some serious Problems, Everytime i try to go on my pc the pc just goes white screen then restarts and it crashes when im on it- what should i do!? also i updated the BIOS to F4 before i got the CPU

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Clear the cmos, go back to the old bios. You have to use an aftermarket CPU cooler. In the bios change the SATA configuration from IDE to AHCI then again reinstall windows. Another thing what is the revision number of your mobo? Mine is rev. 5.0 so whatever the rev no. Of your mobo go Gigabyte website and choose real rev number of the mobo then download all the drivers of that mobo and install it after you installed windows.