Whats wrong with my CPU?

Apemanjoe

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
I have had my laptop for about 3 months now and it the GeForce recommends ultra settings on many games and it worked for the first month but now i cant get more then 60 FPS on medium setting on games such as smite and LoL.

Specs:
SPECS:
GPU: GeForce GT 755M
CPU:Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4700 @2.4 Ghz
8 gb ram
windows 8.1

I have updated everything and my temps while in game are 64 C for my cpu and around 60 for my GPU i dont think its to hot is my graphics card just not working properly?

Any Help is appreciated!

Yep , I do agree its something software based and in-game settings is software based then yes I agree , maybe its also caused by the fact that Laptop Gpus after a while get a drastic decrease in performance but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Apemanjoe

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
I play on my wooden desk I thought about it throttling but it isn't getting over 65 degrees and it does it after a fresh reboot and I just cleaned it but I've only been playing for about 2 months also

You had before and after benchmarks and it definitely dropped in performance though right?

Does it seem like the CPU or the GPU is having more trouble keeping up?

Tried lowering Anti-aliasing?

Apemanjoe

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Anti aliasing is off and I'm not sure just when there is a lot going on, on the screen it drops low and it seems the gpu is having trouble i guess it might be something they added in a patch

You could install MSI Afterburner and set up the on screen display to track your CPU core usages, your GPU usage, and your RAM usage. It will help diagnose what is going on. I'm not 100% sure that it is compatible with laptop, I never tried.

Apemanjoe

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

how do i turbo boost my cpu do i change in BIOS? Little help 0_o

Let me see if I can find your manual. Unless you can use another computer to type here while accessing your BIOS? I'm good at guessing :p What model laptop exactly?