Whats wrong with my CPU?

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015
so i'm starting to think somethings wrong with my CPU. i have a 4770k and a gigabyte z87x-d3h motherboard. the CPU is running at 4.0ghz on all cores and i'm getting ~60Gflops in intelburntest and with cinebench r15 my scores are well below what other people get. average for a 4770k system they say is around 820ish points and im getting 550 points consistently. i've monitored temperatures and they never go above 60C while running stress tests. i've checked my bios, reset the cmos as well. i used to get ~110Gflops in intelburntest. just tried cinebench for the first time today after i noticed intelburntest producing such low numbers.

should i be worried about my CPU or do those types of benchmarks not really matter?

Solution
My only agenda is to help the OP to solve his problem, even if it happens at a glacial pace.

We don't know if you reset the CMOS correctly. So resetting to BIOS, inside BIOS, might be best by selecting "reset to optimized defaults".
If you have truly done this and still have the same problem, check the BIOS version and flash accordingly.

We don't know how tech savvy you are, so must state obvious things sometimes to prevent mistakes.
Nothing to do with your feelings. This is tech forum, not twitter.

Anyways. Looks like dangus is flexing, so let's see if he can solve :p

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015

like i said....i did that already. got ~550pts. OC'd poorly? how condescending can you be? its OC'd perfectly fine.

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Also make sure you have the latest F9 BIOS version for the mobo. The BIOS version can be seen in the motherboard tab of CPUz. I see that F8 BIOS ads intel series 4 CPU support, so if you have F7 still, it might be good to flash to F9

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
My only agenda is to help the OP to solve his problem, even if it happens at a glacial pace.

We don't know if you reset the CMOS correctly. So resetting to BIOS, inside BIOS, might be best by selecting "reset to optimized defaults".
If you have truly done this and still have the same problem, check the BIOS version and flash accordingly.

We don't know how tech savvy you are, so must state obvious things sometimes to prevent mistakes.
Nothing to do with your feelings. This is tech forum, not twitter.

Anyways. Looks like dangus is flexing, so let's see if he can solve :p

Solution

dangus

Admirable
Oct 8, 2015
i did say i reset the bios and removed cmos battery as well. saying that it is "OCed poorly" is the condescending statement i was referring to. i overclocked my memory to 1800mhz, upped the multiplier to 4.3ghz and now i get a score of 806. since its an artificial number im going to be happy with that and call it a day. it seems cinebench is reliant on memory speed as well as CPU speed. the score i'm comparing it to is someone with the same CPU but @4.5ghz so looks like its just fine. thanks for the help!