[SOLVED] What's wrong with my CPU?

Feb 27, 2020
Hi guys, I'm new here and I'm trying to find someone to help me solve the problem.
I'm using an i7 8700K stock, no oc or uv.
Problem is that under stress test it reaches 85° or more in some seconds.
Idle temps are 33° in this moment (telling you right now from core temp).
My liquid cooler is Lepa Exllusion 240. With these temps I'm not able to oc the CPU, I can't even think about it.
I can see that the waterblock is almost full but the pipe where goes the cold liquid is almost half empty, is there a problem with the pump?

I attached a photo, hope it will be helpful.
nD05W6v.jpg

Solution
I've actually never heard of this cooler and the little in-depth reviews I can find all state some quality control issues with them. Saying that though, stress tests while they are useful are unrealistic to real world usage, my suggestion is monitor the temps under a high load game.

As far as the liquid level, it should be full enough that no air is entering the loop, if there is air getting in the radiator that could be affecting performance.
I've actually never heard of this cooler and the little in-depth reviews I can find all state some quality control issues with them. Saying that though, stress tests while they are useful are unrealistic to real world usage, my suggestion is monitor the temps under a high load game.

As far as the liquid level, it should be full enough that no air is entering the loop, if there is air getting in the radiator that could be affecting performance.

Solution
Feb 27, 2020

Thanks for the answer. Yes, many people had problems with this cooler, I noticed that too late.
In AC Origins it reached more than 70° while loading (I remember The Witcher 3 doing more than 70° in the Novigrad map, while playing), it's not "ok" for a stock K CPU. If I put the Intel Turbo Boost on and I get 4.7GHz will do more than 80° and it's not safe. I don't even have another cooler to test. I changed the thermal paste on october and I filled the cooler on october (yes, this cooler already "lost" all that liquid in almost 5 months).

You shouldn't be losing all that liquid on a closed system since there's no where for it to evaporate to unless there is a leak or a seal on the fill cap that is allowing it to evaporate.

I would strongly suggest either saving up and buying a AIO from Corsair or NZXT or a good air cooler if your case supports it, always check cooler height (my personal prefrence) from Noctua like the NH-D15 , Phanteks PH-TC14PE, bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4, CRYORIG H7 or R1. These air coolers tend to outperform most of the AIO water coolers on the market.