[SOLVED] What's wrong with my GPU?

GangstazGhost

Prominent
Apr 20, 2021
I have a GTX 1650 4GB Low profile GPU that shows visual glitches starting from the Windows 10 login screen. I tried updating windows 10 (April 2018) as it says on the box, reseated it multiple times, but it still crashes when I try to load a game (any game actually). My PC case has 8 fans and liquid cooling as exhaust. Specs are as follows;

i3 9100F
GTX 1650 4GB DDR5 Low Profile
16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
120GB SSD
2TB HDD
Liquid Cooling for the CPU
Full ATX case
H310M PRO-VDH Plus mobo, running the 9th gen CPU with a BIOS update

The 1650 packs quite a punch when compared to the GTX 1050 in it (2GB) and I am losing out on some more serious gaming.
Is my card trash or is it repairable?

Solution
Since GPU acceleration drivers aren't even loaded yet at the loading screen, visual corruption that early on strongly suggests your GPU may have bad VRAM or solder joints.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
Have you overclocked the card or have any program that does? seen a PC do the same and the culprit was an overclocking profile being loaded as soon as windows started, reverting everything back to stock fixed the problem.

Uninstall the drivers via control panel and also device manager (check 'show hidden devices') under display adapters. Boot without the ethernet cable plugged in to prevent Windows from downloading drivers again and reinstall them.

InvalidError

Titan
Assuming your card is still under warranty, you can ask Staples to re-issue your invoice as long as you have the exact time and date of your purchase such as from your credit/debit card statement.

Otherwise, having the card repaired may be more expensive than an RX6500.

GangstazGhost

Prominent
Apr 20, 2021
Assuming your card is still under warranty, you can ask Staples to re-issue your invoice as long as you have the exact time and date of your purchase such as from your credit/debit card statement.

Otherwise, having the card repaired may be more expensive than an RX6500.
The thing with the card is that it was purchased before the crazy GPU prices and I cannot spend double or triple on a new GPU. Also thanks, I will bring it in to Staples and see what they say.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Who fixes this sort of problem? The card was bought at Staples and I don't have the receipt.

not sure if it would help you, but my own GTX 1650 (on backup pc on sig) had visual glitches problem some weeks ago. The fix was simply using hdmi instead of DVI cable. Because for some reason, the card does not like my old DVI cable, but it runs without problems on the new hdmi cable I purchased for it.

InvalidError

Titan
Strange question; is putting my card in a microwave dangerous at all?
Watch a video of what happens to a loosely crumpled ball of aluminum foil in a microwave oven. That is what would happen to your GPU.

If your graphics corruption is static (once glitches appear, they stay mostly where they were), then it is most likely a VRAM-related issue. If the corruption is random across the screen, then it is a bad GPU output/cable/monitor input and you may be able to get around by using a different output, cable and monitor input.