[SOLVED] What's wrong with my monitor ?

Feb 6, 2021
Hello everyone. I bought a Phillips 242VA8 Monitor like 3 months ago. Its an IPS panel i guess. I dont know how to explain this with my english but in certain games like The Crew 2 and FIFA20, after the intro cinematic something is happening to my monitor. Its like the lights that coming out of the monitor increases and decreases a hundred times(this could be a little bit exaggerated) in one second. Mostly around places near to middle of the screen, not the corners. After i close the game it keeps happening for a couple minutes and stops. i cant see the problem when i look at it from a different angle. i can only see it if i look directly to the monitor.

And today it got very scary after playing some FIFA 20. I left the room for exactly two minutes and when i came back, the light show was insane. i never saw the problem so intense and spread like that before. Turned off and then on the monitor but it kept happening. 3-5 minutes later it stopped. what i realized is that The Crew 2 and Fifa 20 have mostly (especially fifa 20) white colored Main menus and interfaces etc. And i can kinda only realize this problem on white interfaces. so here is some infos about my setup:

i have RX570 8gb and the Freesync is on. i got one of the most recent drivers. i got a 19" 59hz second monitor which works just fine, the light show doesnt happen on that one. ive set my main monitor(phillips one) on low blue mode. And now that i think about it, both games have one more common thing. both games kinda have 60fps max and the monitor is 75hz. im not sure how that explains the light thingie but still.. So should i take my monitor back to customer service because something wrong with it? does this happen because of freesync? maybe having two monitors with different refresh rate causing this? or its simply because of playing these 60fps locked games causing this? Sorry for cant ask the precise question for the problem.

Hope you guys know about this. Have a great day.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

There's only so much you can explain before language becomes a barrier and you need to use other means of media to illustrate the problem. In this case you're advised to include a video(or an image) of the issue you're experiencing.

Please also add the specs to your entire build. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitors: + how they're connected

If the PSU is old, include the age of the PSU in your build. Also, include the version for your OS if you're on Windows 10. Check and see which version of BIOS your motherboard is on.

You might want to also take the display to another system to see that the cable and/or the panel is not damaged or faulty. You can also...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

There's only so much you can explain before language becomes a barrier and you need to use other means of media to illustrate the problem. In this case you're advised to include a video(or an image) of the issue you're experiencing.

Please also add the specs to your entire build. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitors: + how they're connected

If the PSU is old, include the age of the PSU in your build. Also, include the version for your OS if you're on Windows 10. Check and see which version of BIOS your motherboard is on.

You might want to also take the display to another system to see that the cable and/or the panel is not damaged or faulty. You can also swap out cables to see if that helps.

Solution