[SOLVED] What's wrong with my PC

tff1elyk

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I have a PC build that up too a few weeks ago was working beautifully. For some reason now I can't even keep a constant 144 FPS on Destiny 2. I have a I9-9900k processor and a RTX 2080 graphics card, this should not and hasn't been happening. I just factory reset my PC and the problem is still persisting. What can I do to troubleshoot what the problem is?

Solution
I have a PC build that up too a few weeks ago was working beautifully. For some reason now I can't even keep a constant 144 FPS on Destiny 2. I have a I9-9900k processor and a RTX 2080 graphics card, this should not and hasn't been happening. I just factory reset my PC and the problem is still persisting. What can I do to troubleshoot what the problem is?

1. Drivers -There are new ones out.
  2. Make sure vSync is off ingame if your monitor is set at a less than 144hz setting. For example 1920x1080 60hz. If vsync was on, you'd cap at 60fps or whatever hz it was set to, 75hz, 120hz, 144hz etc.. You'll be able to check in your control panel. The same section where you change your screen resolution.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

2. Make sure vSync is off ingame if your monitor is set at a less than 144hz setting. For example 1920x1080 60hz. If vsync was on, you'd cap at 60fps or whatever hz it was set to, 75hz, 120hz, 144hz etc.. You'll be able to check in your control panel. The same section where you change your screen resolution.

Solution

tff1elyk

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I have Geforce Experience installed and it says I have up to date drivers. I have my monitor set at 2560x1440 native @ 144Hz. I did turn vSync off anyways and did notice higher FPS but still nowhere near where it should be. When playing Destiny 2 my FPS will range from 109-132.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I have Geforce Experience installed and it says I have up to date drivers. I have my monitor set at 2560x1440 native @ 144Hz. I did turn vSync off anyways and did notice higher FPS but still nowhere near where it should be. When playing Destiny 2 my FPS will range from 109-132.

The next step would be to lower the games eye candy &/or the resolution. Also close any unnecessary tasks running in the background as well that may be using resources. Of course you've prob already done all this though. :)