Question What's wrong with my Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB?

May 30, 2020
I'm currently using a Sapphire Pulse RX 570. I bought it second hand for $100.
Issue: Some games work, some don't. It worked on League of Legends (100-150 FPS MAX), Sleeping Dogs (60-100 FPS MED-HIGH), and PUBG Lite(150-200FPS MAX), but it won't work on GTA 5(It crashes at a train part on the prologue), Deceit (Crashes while joining a match), WWZ (Crashes while joining a game and while launching the game), Watch Dogs (Crashes while launching), and Valorant (Crashes while Launching and during Tutorial). When I launched the following non-working games, it kept on crashing and says that Video Memory is full. I don't get it though, I tried playing GTA 5 on the lowest possible settings and after 2 mins of playing, it crashes. I tried reinstalling drivers, updating BIOS, and using superposition benchmark. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

I tried removing my GPU to use my integrated graphics (Intel HD 620 i think) for valorant and it worked fine but it always disconnects me during the tutorial.

My PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium G4600 3.6ghz
RAM: 2X 4GB DDR4 Ram
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB
HDD: 1TB
Motherboard: MSI H100M PRO VH PLUS
PSU: 600W True Rated

I know that there's bottleneck in my build but I saw this build on YT. Just search G4600 RX 570 in YT. It worked perfectly fine in the video.

Thank you.

May 30, 2020
It's just possible you got a defective GPU. A lot of these were abused by miners who didn't what they were doing.

What's the exact PSU? Always a little worried when I see a PSU described in generic terms.
Damn, I should've just bought a brand new 570 that costs P7000($140) at the mall. I got the PSU from a shop nearby, i paid P1500 ($30) for it and the guy said it was made in Korea. The brand name was Q-Star. I contacted the GPU seller to ask about the GPU and he said that maybe its my system RAM that's causing it. The guy was selling 70 of the same card and about 95% of the people that bought it gave it a 5 star review. Thank you though.

here's where i bought the GPU from: https://shopee.ph/product/118960542/2740273292

May 30, 2020
Damn, I should've just bought a brand new 570 that costs P7000($140) at the mall. I got the PSU from a shop nearby, i paid P1500 ($30) for it and the guy said it was made in Korea. The brand name was Q-Star. I contacted the GPU seller to ask about the GPU and he said that maybe its my system RAM that's causing it. The guy was selling 70 of the same card and about 95% of the people that bought it gave it a 5 star review. Thank you though.

here's where i bought the GPU from: https://shopee.ph/product/118960542/2740273292
it's like a local ebay

DSzymborski

Titan

Unfortunately, the PSU is hot garbage, too. An uncertified, dodgy, off-brand PSU that clearly isn't 600W; it's essentially a 480W PSU if it's well-made and at that price, it's almost certainly not. What you have a is a cheaply-made, costed-down 450W or so PSU, that's missing all the safety protections.

Honestly, I'd return what I can and save up a little longer and get reputable parts that will just about be guaranteed to work in your PC.

May 30, 2020
Unfortunately, the PSU is hot garbage, too. An uncertified, dodgy, off-brand PSU that clearly isn't 600W; it's essentially a 480W PSU if it's well-made and at that price, it's almost certainly not. What you have a is a cheaply-made, costed-down 450W or so PSU, that's missing all the safety protections.

Honestly, I'd return what I can and save up a little longer and get reputable parts that will just about be guaranteed to work in your PC.
I don't think I can return the GPU but I'll try returning the PSU. I was in a tight budget and I don't really know much about PC Stuff. I'll search for a good PSU that's compatible with my GPU. Thanks though, stay safe :)

bignastyid

Titan

450w might be generous. I found a pic of a Q-Star 600SL and it had a 9a(that's right 9a) 12v rail.

May 30, 2020
The psu is likely garbage. Can you take a pic of the side of the psu that has the voltage and amp rating and post it?
The psu is likely garbage. Can you take a pic of the side of the psu that has the voltage and amp rating and post it?
Sorry for the late response. This is the PSU I am currently using.
c8EIAe.jpg