[SOLVED] Whats wrong with my wireless internet?

Jan 21, 2020
So recently I'm getting small ping spikes which actualy ruin my gameplay. I'm currently using a wifi wireless adapter TP-LINK 300 Mbps TL-WN821N (Its 2 years old) I openened 3 CMD's and pinged 1) My router 2) My ISP 3) Google.com.
Here are the results from each.
  1. View: https://imgur.com/a/nChXd9C
    (Router)
  2. View: https://imgur.com/a/iqUUQWp
    (ISP)
  3. Google was fine 18ms max.

I need your help, what can be the problem, the ISP, Router or the Wi-Fi Adapter I have?

Solution
Do you have any ping results that show actual ping spikes. The ones you have are only in the 40ms range and that will not have much if any impact on a game. Most times it is spikes over say 150ms and you need more than just a couple here and there.

What you are showing is pretty normal for wifi traffic especially if there is any other device active in your house.

In the end it doesn't really matter you can't really fix wifi issues. You can try the standard change the radio channel or use the other radio band but you likely will see the same problems. If for example your neighbors wifi usage caused 200ms ping spikes to your router what can you do about it. Pay your neighbor to not use his internet ? :)

I would try to go...
Do you have any ping results that show actual ping spikes. The ones you have are only in the 40ms range and that will not have much if any impact on a game. Most times it is spikes over say 150ms and you need more than just a couple here and there.

What you are showing is pretty normal for wifi traffic especially if there is any other device active in your house.

In the end it doesn't really matter you can't really fix wifi issues. You can try the standard change the radio channel or use the other radio band but you likely will see the same problems. If for example your neighbors wifi usage caused 200ms ping spikes to your router what can you do about it. Pay your neighbor to not use his internet ? :)

I would try to go to ethernet if there is any possibility and then consider powerline devices.

Solution
Jan 21, 2020

I would try to go to ethernet if there is any possibility and then consider powerline devices.
But I dont think its normal if I'm pinging my router and getting 40ms+ every now and then.

Of course it is on wifi many times people get much worse. Wifi is half duplex only 1 device can transmit at a time. If 2 end device transmit at the same time or a device and the router transmit you get your data damaged and it must be retransmitting. Even when it works correctly you machine will delay transmitting if it hears another device. This too will cause small delays.
Then you have the much more common cause of neighbors devices interfering.

Whenever I'm playing league of legends, CS:GO i get these small ping spikes which make me teleport and its really frusturating.
That's the nature of gaming on wireless!! An increase from 8ms to 30ms would not have that affect on your game though. You need to run constant pings to different locations ( your router, your ISP first hop and your game server) WHILST GAMING, just let them run in the background and post the results.

TRENDING THREADS