Question What's your best GPU for a HTPC server that can encode\decode video for playback?

TheBasementNerd

Reputable
May 26, 2015
I have a HTPC built that I use as a server for media, mainly with Emby or Plex. I need a card that's good at decoding/encoding video (usually 1080p and higher) without too much strain, so that I can watch smooth playback. I also like to Stream Steam games from my gaming desktop to the HTPC, so that's a bit factor too. I already have a sound card so audio quality isn't important, just video. Current suggestion is a GT 1030 but figured I should check with more opinions

TheBasementNerd

Reputable
May 26, 2015
Stick with 1 thread
I have a HTPC built that I use as a server for media, mainly with Emby or Plex. I need a card that's good at decoding/encoding video (usually 1080p and higher) without too much strain, so that I can watch smooth playback. I also like to stream Steam games from my gaming desktop to the HTPC, so that's a bit factor too. I already have a sound card so audio quality isn't important, just video. Current suggestion is a GT 1030 but figured I should check with more opinions

TRENDING THREADS