What's your Favorite Leisure?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Personally I love listening to music and though my preference is Classic Rock, I've had to broaden my listening over various types, because of DJing some events, even though as a child listening to the radio my earlier likes were quite different, and I love to listen to those old songs today as well, which are not classic rock at all.

Songs like Smoke Gets in your Eyes, Dock of the Bay, My Girl, On the Boardwalk, etc. are classics that fall in the legendary status to me, some of you probably never heard any of those songs, Smoke gets in your Eyes by the Platters is the opposite altogether to Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple.

I'm 60 years old, so some of what I'm going to say is totally nonsensical to some of you of the younger generation, my first step into Classic Rock began watching the Ed Sullivan Show and seeing Jim Morrison of the Doors sing Light My Fire, I was instantly hooked, I had to get that album, and at that time it was not classic rock, it was music some of us had never heard the likes of.

It was literally intoxicating and different and I loved it!

There were other groups during that time, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, but I just didn't get into them like the Doors, then comes Jimi Hendrix another page from history and absolutely magical guitar player with a remarkable voice, his music quickly found it's way into my collection.

From there it was like a snowball rolling down hill, we were in a time period that groups were releasing album after album that the entire album was a total creative work of art, not just one good song off an entire album, but the entire album itself.

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, The Eagles, etc., etc., the music creativity was pouring out and it was a wonderful time period, so that's probably why I'm a classic rock fan, even though I like other music, like it, but don't love it.

In my leisure time I love listening to music and when my wifes not around the louder the better, I not only like listening, I like feeling it as well.

Also for leisure I love building, repairing, experimenting with cooling and overclocking, computers, I like it because it is a hobby, I don't have to do it, it's not a job for me.

Also I fly stunt kites, very relaxing and very fun!

So what's your leisure?

For the Record:

I do not drink alcohol of any kind, nor do drugs, I was a complete wrecked mess after getting out of the Navy for over 10 years, it was just a daily way of life for me, and it's a miracle I lived through it!

Since 1986 I have not touched it, nor do I desire to do so, so that is not a part of my leisure time at all, but if is your leisure, then share it, that's all I have to say about it.

Solution

It still is!
But I am among those who think the charm is gone when real estate investors arrived with their filthy projects.

How people can do that?...
On the riviera, they are starting to make you pay to lie on the beach!!
They can go to hell... for real.

Just took this picture couple of days ago.
Forêt de Brocéliande, l'arbre d'or
(Brocéliande's forest, the golden tree)...

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

It still is!
But I am among those who think the charm is gone when real estate investors arrived with their filthy projects.

How people can do that?...
On the riviera, they are starting to make you pay to lie on the beach!!
They can go to hell... for real.

Just took this picture couple of days ago.
Forêt de Brocéliande, l'arbre d'or
(Brocéliande's forest, the golden tree)

Solution

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

:)

Yes, the golden tree is in background.

Here is a closer look

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
I'm glad whether you like it, guys.
Come when you want.

Got some pictures of other places as Brocéliande.
I'll try to share them soon.

@Oldman: i'm pretty sure that Tolkien was inspired by this forest for his novels.

This is the Linn Cove Viaduct on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina, the leaves are all gone now but this is where I like to go to get away. Unlike most of the Blue Ridge Parkway cut in the side or through the mountains this section was so pristine and untouched by man the viaduct was built not cutting into the mountain but completely pylon supported. In the fall the ride is awesome and pictures just fail to relay the breath taking view.

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

Waou!
Those colors are amazing!
Very nice picture, you're lucky if you can go there as often you want.

Well it's over 4 1/2 hours to get there for my wife and I from where we live, and no where near as peaceful a setting as the picture you posted.

You cannot stop just anywhere on the parkway and look around, you have to stop at an overlook.