Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 132 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tac 25

Commendable
Jul 25, 2021
got another fighting game on my pc. UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH. I play a lot of fighting games, and in my opinion.. the controls of this game are fun and easy to learn. Default difficulty is fair enough. Got through arcade mode without any continues. Although the final boss Merkava got me to low hp.

Last edited:

itrip

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
I been doing: Carmageddon: Max damage, all day and night long with all the gametime I had available nearly got it complete, I had an issue where it would not run at 1st because of incompatibilities with my GPU, but after I got that sorted it was a real nice game to spend some time in, Once I figured that I had done nearly the entire game on hard, I was struggling my ass off trying to complete events, then I set it too easy to make the last part more playable.

Doing some another rerun of RDR2, see if I can better my completion % even more than the last time (88% or something) still a fav game but just playing it now and then.

Completed 1st season of My team in F1 2022, on 47, real fun racing but had to adapt going back to playing F1 @ 1080p because having played F1 2020 @ 4K, this iteration of the game doesn't seem to do as well as the previous game on my hardware, still 1080p with over a 100fps is ok to play, really like how this game plays.

Doing another 100% playthrough of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, that's what I'm busy with now, gave up on my 1st attempt restarted and having a blast now, seems to become harder redoing old favorites over and over again, but the awesomeness of the score aways seems to invite one back into the action.

Deleted my NFS heat progress and started that from scratch, now I have built another badass car again, and making 1000000rep on hard per night on the regular.

Supa55

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
you've been missing out on many years of good gaming then.

i have probably 90 games through various distributors( Steam, GOG, Epic, etc) and i play zero of them online.
have probably only connected for any type of multiplayer 5-6 times with any of them over 10 years or so.

i've tried some of the MMOs like Aion, Elder Scrolls Online, WoW 60 days, Final Fantasy 14, The Old Republic, and a few others and have never gotten more than a couple hours into any of them.
i do not enjoy online gaming with idiots running around ruining my game experience and immersion into the stories.

but this does not stop me from playing a lot of the newer titles in offline modes and still having a great time with them.
I'm exactly like you. I have hundreds of games on Steam and other platforms and I don't have any currently installed. I've also played every MMO out there, from WOW to Aion Classic. I have to say that I played AION for too many years to get tired of it.

Now I'm trying a new one, Conquerors Blade, which has me quite entertained. It's a free game because after having bought hundreds of games, I've decided not to buy a game again until I see that I'm really interested in it.

Tac 25

Commendable
Jul 25, 2021
Genshin Impact

reached Marana's Avatar after several days of doing quests. The boss is not very strong, but it is is invulnerable to damage if the Tumors are not destroyed first. And straying too far from Arama (flying green guy) will cause death, because the whole environment is deadly poison.

View: https://youtu.be/rMevkk3YtOg

Last edited:
  • Arkham Knight (2015) - almost 50% complete and really enjoying it (love Steam sales...)
  • Deliver Us the Moon - short game, simple puzzle/platformer
  • Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) - F-16C and AH-64D
What I really want is for Baldur's Gate 3 to be "complete" as I've run out of RPGs to play.

NickyB

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Gears 5 multiplayer. Halo Infinite MP. Forza 5 with ray tracing looks unreal on my 3080 @ 3440/1440p. So many things to do. We are blessed!

Tac 25

Commendable
Jul 25, 2021
currently still playing Dead or Alive VI, and also the relatively new fighting game DNF Duel.

oh, and still playing Genshin. Tested my Cryo team in Spiral Abyss Floor 12 yesterday. Floor 12 is the hardest floor with many high level enemies.

my first time uploading to youtube without converting with Handbrake. Video available at 1080 HD quality. :)

View: https://youtu.be/l5wDjCgCCHY

been playing a lot less these passed few months.
still into Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and it's been tons of fun.
a couple bosses into Elden Ring currently fighting witch Rennala. Game is awesome though, just like any other From Software games i've played.

Elden Ring is awesome but it took me quite a few hours of roaming the first open area to develop decent fighting tactics. seems to be much harder than any of the Dark Souls games with a much more open map design.
maybe i designed a less optimized sort of character but even the first few types enemies encountered were seriously kicking my *ss for my first 10+ levels.

ASK THE COMMUNITY