Discussion What's your MOST favorite MUSIC GENRE ? **currently playing song on your device** ?

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sorry, I am stuck in the 1980's

some good music back here.
Perhaps last time we saw Jeff Lynn's eyes.
I grew up listening to them. They still beat much of the music today.

tidal spying on me, it suggested one of those Warning songs to me a few minutes after being here... EP released 2 days ago... I see why its being pushed now... its just how its promoted these days.

this is another new one
recorded Blackened with Dave Lombardo just to be difference. One with Robert from metallica... entire album are Metallica covers

Last edited:
Reactions: Unolocogringo

Colif

Win 11 Master
all the videos use space... 1.3gb here... lucky it only loads this page...

I have a tidal playlist of just electronic music if I want something other than normal. Then another of 500 songs I like... can get weird songs right next to each other...

followed by

Last edited:
Reactions: Order 66

Colif

Win 11 Master
I got one of these today
https://store.hiby.com/products/r6-pro-ii-gen-2?variant=43766784131288
KTtBU3b.jpeg

Hiby R6 Pro 2 - Fiio BTR7 and Samsung S10 for scale

reasons for dap:
Reasons for a dap

• Can’t be interrupted by phone calls. Don’t need to work out how to take calls on either of my headphones. Right now I hope no one calls me when listening.
  • Better sound than phones. Actual DAC chips and most DAP don’t use the Android drivers that mess with the sound quality. Hi res audio capable through the audio jacks.
  • Headphone jacks, phones don’t have any, DAP can have different types. Also line outs and in some cases spdif. Most can send/receive Bluetooth and can be attached to wifi.
  • SD Card slot, expand storage to 1tb (it says 2tb but those don’t really exist)
  • Most have android meaning can install a lot of apps I use on phone now to play music.
  • Saves battery life on phone as I don’t need it as a music source now.
  • Its not by any stretch of imagination, my 1st music player. I have no idea how many I have had in the last 40 years. Its not even the one with most storage, I had one with a 50gb hdd 20 years ago. Its just the most recent. Having access to all my music on me sure helps.
I will use tidal more. Currently, I have two choices:

• Attach dac/amp OR Focal Bathys to pc via USB and then only listen to Hi res music, it seems to restrict me. My current USB C cable is also not comfortable in the Bathys after a while.
  • Listen to music over Bluetooth on my phone/PC. No Hi res music.
There is a 3rd choice but its attaching either DAC or Focal headphones via USB to phone to get Hi res audio, and I don’t want to bust my USB slot on another phone, I have already done that on previous phones. I went wireless headphones for a few years to avoid that, its only this year I have reversed direction.

With DAP I only need to plug headphones into it, no USB cables or phones/PC needed. I am likely to listen to more music too. Less messing around. I feel like I am wasting tidal as it is.

Downside is I can’t attach Focal Bathys to any DAP as they have a DAC built in and it can’t be disabled. Attached to a DAP locks it to max volume. I knew that already.

They are being sidelined… I need to find a use for them. Maybe a more flexible USB C cable would fix them, use them attached to PC… or that USB Hub I should buy.

I should have bought DAP 1st as then I wouldn’t need BTR7 or even thought about buying Bathys. I did everything in the wrong order. I originally just wanted new headphones for games, but one thing led to another. Still haven’t used any in games.

Bought

• Bathys, followed by
  • BTR7 that was pointless until I bought
  • Dunu Vulkan IEM
  • Then bought HiBy R6 Pro 2 DAP
Probably get new headphones next but right now I haven’t even looked. Took me a while to pick which DAP I wanted and pay off the last few purchases as top 3 all happened in December.

It sounds good but its not perfect yet. Tidal won't let me logon on it, and it isn't on latest firmware but it thinks it is. Took a few hours to get it onto the firmware it has now.