Whatsapp Adopts 'Signal' Protocol For Complete End-To-End Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Is there any reason for me to continue Telegram now?

Telegram was never secure to begin with. I do not understand why people expect that from a service that asks for your phone number of all things, which in most countries is impossible to purchase without revealing one's passport details. What excuse do they have for demanding that over a user-generated login, like all reasonable competitors do? WhatsApp, IIRC, suffers from the same issue - it baffles me that people want to avoid using their carrier's expensive services yet still continue to cling on to their numbers as identifiers instead of a unique username.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Is there any reason for me to continue Telegram now?

Telegram was never secure to begin with. I do not understand why people expect that from a service that asks for your phone number of all things, which in most countries is impossible to purchase without revealing one's passport details. What excuse do they have for demanding that over a user-generated login, like all reasonable competitors do? WhatsApp, IIRC, suffers from the same issue - it baffles me that people want to avoid using their carrier's expensive services yet still continue to cling on to their numbers as identifiers instead of a unique username.
I agree with you 100% and I thought I was the only persons who had a problem with it and didn't use it. For the life of me I cant understand that, something as private as your phone number HAS to be your username, its ridiculous. Them using end to end encryption is like putting lipstick on a pig,its still a pig, it just gives more reasons for the very same persons who you fear may be tracking you ,more reason to track you by using it.

jackt

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
No, i dont trust em. Even if its true the encryption of messagges and calls, WhatsApp is still a world wide spyware, the owners still have access to your images, videos, camera, microphone, sms, gps location,, contacts and more, and it's Always active! I find crazy that so many pepole uses it! they can spy the Whole world!

tom10167

Honorable
Apr 9, 2014
Right now I use Telegram and Signal, apart from the "I don't trust Facebook" argument, does Telegram offer anything over Whatsapp now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS