[SOLVED] whatt difference i can expect when i change the thermal paste?

Sep 7, 2019
if i open my case i get 10c cooler what if i change the cooler or change thermal paste for noctua? thanks

Solution
There are alot of variables here which mean you cant get a real answer.
In general:
If you get lower temps without a side panel, you dont have proper case airflow.
Changing the cooler can have massive changes on temps, depending on the current cooler and the new one.
Changing thermal paste can have big effects, or none. Depends on the current paste, cooler, how old it is, how it was applied, etc. (Assuming the current paste is installed properly new paste could have up to 3-5C difference, at most)
In general:
Changing the cooler can have massive changes on temps, depending on the current cooler and the new one.
Changing thermal paste can have big effects, or none. Depends on the current paste, cooler, how old it is, how it was applied, etc. (Assuming the current paste is installed properly new paste could have up to 3-5C difference, at most)

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no way to know for sure. every system is different. obviously a better cooler will give better temps. replacing the paste helps lower temps as well depending on the age of it. a couple years won't dry it out as much. but 5 year old paste will make a good difference once replaced.

check ut a review or 2 for the new cooler you want and see how it performed over a stock cooler. i'd assume you'll see similar degree drops but not exactly the same. don't look at specific temp as you won't see that, but look at how well it did vs the stock cooler to know how much it might lower temps.

Sep 7, 2019
In general:

how i change the airflow? the cpu cooler is already pointed to rear exit. if i add some intake fans would work?

Sep 7, 2019
no way to know for sure. every system is different. obviously a better cooler will give better temps. replacing the paste helps lower temps as well depending on the age of it. a couple years won't dry it out as much. but 5 year old paste will make a good difference once replaced.

check ut a review or 2 for the new cooler you want and see how it performed over a stock cooler. i'd assume you'll see similar degree drops but not exactly the same. don't look at specific temp as you won't see that, but look at how well it did vs the stock cooler to know how much it might lower temps.

i have read the cooler only reduces 10 degree, same as opening case. not worth the effort