Question WHEA Uncollectable Error

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Alright guys so i'm really pissed off today.
As i play a game or use firefox(sometimes) after 5-30 mins this error comes with a BSOD everytime and ruins my work everytime.
Whenever im playing csgo and about to win the match,This Sh*t freezes my pc and crashes again and again,I lost my xp alot of times only because of this,
Kindly help me overcome this situation as i don't even know what i'm doing typing etc lol It just roasted my whole mind.
(My pc is dell optiplex 755 mt so i overclocked using setfsb)
PC specs as follows.
CPU:INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4GHZ (Overclocked to 3.0ghz)
RAM:7GB DDR2 @800Mhz.
GPU:Inno3D Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 2gb.
View: [url=https://imgur.com/a/bMrrzK3]https://imgur.com/a/bMrrzK3

View: ]View: https://imgur.com/a/bMrrzK3[/url]

hi, this error usualy means there is hardware failure
try to rest CMOS settings (follow your mainboard manual)
remove any overclock if you have one (gpu/ram/cpu)

sometime it is from bad driver
try to reinstall chipset/gpu/sound card/network card drivers

in some cases it can be caused by corrupted system files
open cmd or powershell with admin rights and type scf /scannow then press enter
if it says errors found, couldnt correct it
type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
once its done and it will says that errors were corrected
run scf /scannow again
once done, reboot

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
hi, this error usualy means there is hardware failure
try to rest CMOS settings (follow your mainboard manual)
remove any overclock if you have one (gpu/ram/cpu)

sometime it is from bad driver
try to reinstall chipset/gpu/sound card/network card drivers

in some cases it can be caused by corrupted system files
open cmd or powershell with admin rights and type scf /scannow then press enter
if it says errors found, couldnt correct it
type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
once its done and it will says that errors were corrected
run scf /scannow again
once done, reboot
I figured out that my cpu oc is causing this error so i reduced my oc by 10mhz now seems to work fine right now but i have to reduce overclock after some time... For example it was 3.00ghz then 2.99 ,2.98 ,2.97 now i have to reduce to 2.96 ghz??! So i have to reduce it again and again it would be reduced too much and there will be huge bottleneck since 2.4 ghz will be too low.. so why i have to underclock my cpu day by day? any solution to overcome this error?

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
I figured out that my cpu oc is causing this error so i reduced my oc by 10mhz now seems to work fine right now but i have to reduce overclock after some time... For example it was 3.00ghz then 2.99 ,2.98 ,2.97 now i have to reduce to 2.96 ghz??! So i have to reduce it again and again it would be reduced too much and there will be huge bottleneck since 2.4 ghz will be too low.. so why i have to underclock my cpu day by day? any solution to overcome this error?

Since you are reversing the overclock little by little, i just takes longer time before the PC crashes. In other words it can't handle the overclock, it just takes more time before the crash there less its overclocked.

Downclock it much more, and run realbench to check for stability. If it runs without crashing for 6-8 hours, you're fine.

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Since you are reversing the overclock little by little, i just takes longer time before the PC crashes. In other words it can't handle the overclock, it just takes more time before the crash there less its overclocked.

Downclock it much more, and run realbench to check for stability. If it runs without crashing for 6-8 hours, you're fine.
Do i've to run it for that long? since i don't have much time for this so atleast 1 hour wouldn't be enough?
Thanks!

When was the last time you applied new thermal paste to it ?

When was the last time you clean the dust inside the case?

Maybe the reduce overclock steps youre taking (do that the software run) its because of heat getting worst and worst inside the case and/or the thermal paste need to be refreshed and/or some fan is not working properly.

I would check that too

Reactions: JackFive

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
When was the last time you applied new thermal paste to it ?

When was the last time you clean the dust inside the case?

Maybe the reduce overclock steps youre taking (do that the software run) its because of heat getting worst and worst inside the case and/or the thermal paste need to be refreshed and/or some fan is not working properly.

I would check that too
I changed thermal paste few days ago and cleaned my pc from inside fan heatsink etc and seems very fine,Well i changed thermal paste just because i thought it was due to the temp but temp never go above 63'c under load
Whea errors are almost always due to lack of voltage to the cpu. This can be caused by a psu going bad or VRM's overworking or mostly its OC settings. You can try bumping vcore slightly or adjusting vid offset.
Yes my psu is oem 300w and my cpu and gpu are pushing it to the limit already.or it could be the lack of voltage to the cpu ...My pc is prebuilt so it's bios are locked and can't change vcore of my cpu..Any possibility of changing it in my case ?
Thank you for time guys!
Once again Thanks!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ahh. The answer. 300w OEM psu. At your clock speeds, you'll be pulling @ 100w ish just on the cpu. Add in 70w for the gpu, 50ish for everything else and your power draw is approximately 220w.

Here's where it gets trixy. Those old group regulated psus were high on 3.3v and 5v because that's what the board demanded, optical drives, hdds, motherboard components, even older gpus used large amounts of those voltages comparatively, so amperage were high. 12v wasn't nearly as important as it is today, so ran comparatively lower. Being group regulated, it was lower still, so whereas on a modern psu, the 12v rail is close to the 300w rating, on those old OEM psu's it could easily be closer to 240w.

Then add in age, and capacitors do degrade and become less efficient over many years, and that 240w could be closer to 200w.

When you say you are pushing limits, that's no joke, you seriously are, more so than you may think. On top of all that, those OEM units almost never output what they claim, and definitely won't do it under duress like 100% loads or close, realistically you can count on @ 50% output, anything after that is a bonus.

I've seen plenty of psus that claim a certain wattage, like 700w, but have only 18A on a single 12v rail, the rest made up by adding in the 3.3v and 5v rail, just to make the wattage sound more impressive.

Those OEMs are also freebies, prebuilts need to be sold as cheap as the market will bear, but still turn a profit, so the psu was as cheaply built as possible, designed to power a basic system and nothing more. Not exactly a gaming rated powerhouse.

Reactions: JackFive

JackFive

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
Ahh. The answer. 300w OEM psu. At your clock speeds, you'll be pulling @ 100w ish just on the cpu. Add in 70w for the gpu, 50ish for everything else and your power draw is approximately 220w.

Here's where it gets trixy. Those old group regulated psus were high on 3.3v and 5v because that's what the board demanded, optical drives, hdds, motherboard components, even older gpus used large amounts of those voltages comparatively, so amperage were high. 12v wasn't nearly as important as it is today, so ran comparatively lower. Being group regulated, it was lower still, so whereas on a modern psu, the 12v rail is close to the 300w rating, on those old OEM psu's it could easily be closer to 240w.

Then add in age, and capacitors do degrade and become less efficient over many years, and that 240w could be closer to 200w.

When you say you are pushing limits, that's no joke, you seriously are, more so than you may think. On top of all that, those OEM units almost never output what they claim, and definitely won't do it under duress like 100% loads or close, realistically you can count on @ 50% output, anything after that is a bonus.

I've seen plenty of psus that claim a certain wattage, like 700w, but have only 18A on a single 12v rail, the rest made up by adding in the 3.3v and 5v rail, just to make the wattage sound more impressive.

Those OEMs are also freebies, prebuilts need to be sold as cheap as the market will bear, but still turn a profit, so the psu was as cheaply built as possible, designed to power a basic system and nothing more. Not exactly a gaming rated powerhouse.
Now i get it that my psu is limiting here and i cant increase vcore... I got that point now thank you!
I'll be upgrading my pc soon with something better. Card will be the same maybe..
And about the psu.. It also seems like i already pushed its limits with stock clocks and i overclocked the cpu which increased wattage of cpu (default is 105w rated in intelsite ) and as cpu fsb increased my ram also got overclocked and forced my psu even more than it can handle..
Now im running it at 280 fsb means 2.96ghz its working just fine without crashing.. I played csgo like 5 hours watch dogs 2 for like 2 hours (never got crashed in wd 2 even the clock was 3.0ghz )and project cars which always crashed at 2.97ghz seems to be working fine with 2.96 ...its like im stuck here but its okay till i will upgrade the system.. So my problem seems to be fixed here as you helped me understanding those terms of psu...
Thank you for the kind answer!
Have a nice day Peace!