[SOLVED] Whea uncontrollabe error

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 21, 2019
how do i see if it's power supply related? or motherboard ? i did ram test memory diagnostic and it ended with not errors. i also did chkdsk in cmd prompt and it also came back with nothing wrong. Sorry i know only the surface when it comes to troubleshooting things like this. It seems when i go to launch a game ffxiv it gives me the blue screen with error as soon as starts to boot the game. I did malwarebytes scan and in fact did have quite a bit infected so i quarentied them all and restarted cpu. I also used iobit driver updater and got all my proper drivers up-to-date as well for the windows updates. If i remember rigght it was when i first discovered i had malware on my pc that this error first came into the picture. I did already a fresh installatuon of win 10 and deleted the partition beforehand so i lost everything. I just want to rule out the issue either is this hharddware related or not...thank you all for those took the time to help.

i saved a report of my spects in cpu-z and just cant figure how to insert it ?

oh yes and overclocking i have never done and most settings are either auto or manual there is no just option to disable with what i have found anyway, its legacy bios and my motherboard is p7p55d le and never understood how to update bios or firmware there is something called i think asus u2 flash and that's a way to update it but i still don't understand lol

okay another update with interesting finds finally...after completing sfc /scannow i got this message...

windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them etc,etc..

Last edited:
Solution
I have ran the dump file and you can see the full report here: https://pste.eu/p/flHc.html

Summary of findings:
BugCheck EF
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+fd )

Bugcheck Description:
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
"This indicates that a critical system process died. A critical process is one that forces the system to bug check if it terminates. This can happen when the state of the process is corrupted or otherwise is damaged. When this happens, as these processes are critical to the operation of Windows, a system bug check occurs as the operating system integrity is in question.

Built in Windows critical system services include csrss.exe, wininit.exe, logonui.exe, smss.exe, services.exe...
Aug 21, 2019
thanks so much for the help btw, one more question though lol i think im going to reset my pc and start fresh so updating my drivers, how do i know which ones to find manually? and its okay to just let windows update update my drivers?